Header glowing red

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudbogginsouthernboy

Reaction score
Hey guys I was riding and my buddy said my header was glowing red and it was what could that be? And why and how do I fix it?

nah its just the heat off the first bend from the valve, iff you pull the header off and run it il shoot a blue flame out, mine glows also but its just the first 3-4 inches

no its not so lets say we put this to a v8 explination, the headers glow cherry red almost white on every single pipe on the tubes and were talking a carbed v8 jetted rich in the summer time, they will still glow nomatter what. im running perfect on my bike even befor i switched carborators, its not lean alot of people think this but its not true well not 100%

well i agree with you but its in the winter and it is glowing red. so yeah, i think it is lean dude.

mine glows worse in the summer and its richer in the summer because of the air its totaly normal yours does it too, unless you have it painted or its covered in rust or day time you will either not see it or barley see it

Mine will only glow on rare occasion, but only 2-3 inches of pipe and at idle. But I say plug chop it at idle and at wot and jet accordingly, it shouldn't glow in winter

I heard its not getting enough fuel. And if its glowin in the winter what's it gonna do in the summer

Mine glows at idle and when im warming it up but seems to cool after alittle riding but still got more testing to do before i can be sure!! 8min ride dosent tell much, hahaha.

The long skinny one its number is only double didgets mains are numbered with triple didgets except for on small motors like 50s

Mine glows when I let it sit and warm up for too long, just the first couple inches of the pipe. Does it in the summer and winter, and you can only see it at night.

Same here Jake,,,, Weston do i need a bigger one or just move the c-clip to a higher position like its factory now(3rdposition) should i move it up one or down one, is that what you mean??

Let it idle till warm, kill it and pull the plug and look at it, if its white go up on pilot, if its Brown, tan, or black, leave it alone and move the needle clip down a slot

Latest posts

Back