good news, bad news

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I don't get why everybody goes nuts over the ktm engine.. It's a built factory engine just like the 450's. It produces about the same amount of power as the 700r that is mildy built from the factory. Think about that.

Personally I don't get why everybody goes nuts over the ktm engine.. It's a built factory engine just like the 450's. It produces about the same amount of power as the 700r that is mildy built from the factory. Think about that.

Good point there also. I bet there aren't any exhausts out there for the polaris that give you a 13 hp gain. It doesn't take much at all to move the 700r from the level of "fast" to "crazy fast"

Ordered it and put down a deposit on it, I should be picking it up friday. Just ordered a full set of PRM skids for it already. I can't wait!

The outlaw is not a proven machine, not to mention parts arent really as availible as yamaha parts. The only way i would buy one if if i lived within 25 miles of a dealer. Not saying its not a good machine...... but **** man you can walk in a honda dealer and get parts for yamaha's nowadays. Those polaris's nobody has anything and nobody stocks anything for them. Ktm motors are even harder to find stuff for. 700 has my vote. Its proven.

Cool congrats! You buy a 700 and I buy a 250, what the hell just happen here...lol I tried talking the wife into getting the 700 but she wasn't hearing it...dammit!

Cool congrats! You buy a 700 and I buy a 250, what the hell just happen here...lol I tried talking the wife into getting the 700 but she wasn't hearing it...dammit!

Hey that's cool though, those little 250's are pretty sweet for what they are, especially compared to the z250's and 250ex's, and the blaster they replaced. I was actually sitting on one at the dealer last night and I think yamaha did a hell of a good job on them. I bet they're a blast to ride.

I think yamaha should come out with a 400, liquid cooled, full size bike, with kickstart or electric and get rid of that ******* gay look they put on all there bikes. They all looks the same except for the warrior. If they made that bike and brought back somethign that looked somewhat like the warrior i would be all over that thing. The rappy, yfz look its annoying now, they all looks the same. IMO the warrior looks way better and the 450r is the best looking bike out right now out of all the companies.

I think the kfx450r is the best looking when it has the fenders taken off..I love the looks of those things when there decked for racing..And I agree that yamaha should have done a 400cc quad..But o well..I got what I have wanted since I was 10

Finally picked up the rappy tonight. I didn't get to ride it much because it was dark and all the trails are just mucky and nasty right now. But I took it around the yard a little and then ran it down the road a couple times. I'm not sure what to say yet except holy crap. I haven't got it past quarter throttle yet and even barely getting on it like that I think it's faster than the warrior when i'm beating on it. Sweeeet.

Thats great i will have one some day but will be keeping the warrior for the hell of it lol

I think yamaha should come out with a 400, liquid cooled, full size bike, with kickstart or electric and get rid of that ******* gay look they put on all there bikes. They all looks the same except for the warrior. If they made that bike and brought back somethign that looked somewhat like the warrior i would be all over that thing. The rappy, yfz look its annoying now, they all looks the same. IMO the warrior looks way better and the 450r is the best looking bike out right now out of all the companies.

This is all personal opinion. I think yamaha has got some of the best looking bikes. I do like the Z's though.

[quote:v700bqav]I think yamaha should come out with a 400, liquid cooled, full size bike, with kickstart or electric and get rid of that ******* gay look they put on all there bikes. They all looks the same except for the warrior. If they made that bike and brought back somethign that looked somewhat like the warrior i would be all over that thing. The rappy, yfz look its annoying now, they all looks the same. IMO the warrior looks way better and the 450r is the best looking bike out right now out of all the companies.

This is all personal opinion. I think yamaha has got some of the best looking bikes. I do like the Z's though.
[/quote:v700bqav]

yeah i think they made 3 good looking bike. the warrior, the banshee, and the yfz450.....all the rappys look like **** along with the blaster.

[quote:uvx30wwy]

yeah i think they made 3 good looking bike. the warrior, the banshee, and the yfz450.....all the rappys look like **** along with the blaster. [/quote:uvx30wwy]

WHAT!!!!!! TAKE IT BACK!!!

Here are a few of the much awaited raptor pics. I spent about an hour cleaning the thing after riding today. Everything was just a mud pit but I couldn't keep myself from riding. I just can't wait until I get a couple tanks of gas through it so I can really start to cut it loose and see what it can do.

179cd246ff89624598e5d57dcbbba1d8.jpg

5ab8af06f8e745a4e28d77aec29cf5a4.jpg

c573b512125758384f113a954a35bb7d.jpg

2ec7e400f77bc36fc474b09ac2131e32.jpg

25c713ae0e4be79cc3a9411e9bbc33e3.jpg

Aargh! This is just killing me. Why don't they just break these engines in at the factory, run them on a dyno or something? It'd save me a lot of frustration.

Even riding around at quarter throttle still gives me enough juice to keep up with my buddies when they're riding pretty hard hehe.

Alot of people have different philosophies for break in, some people think if you run it hard from the beginning it will tolerate hard running better. Thats idea has made its rounds on the car forums not sure if its gotten to the atv guys yet.

Latest posts

Back