good news, bad news

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamarider

Reaction score
Well, the good news is i've decided i'm getting a new quad. Most likely a 2008 Raptor 700, but I'm taking a look at a 525 outlaw as well.

The bad news it that means the warrior will have to go. It's going to be hard to do after spending so much time and money on it, but the way my luck has been going with this thing I haven't had a chance to ride it in forever because i'm spending all my time fixing it and waiting for parts. I just want something that I can get and ride, and just leave the vast majority of it stock so I don't end up with all of the complications i've been through with aftermarket stuff on my warrior.

So some parts will probably be showing up in the classifieds section in the near future. I'm planning on selling it as a whole, but the things I can take off and sell seperately like the foot pegs, nerf bars, and exhaust I plan to sell on here or ebay.

Actually, not yet. I paid for them, but the shocks haven't been made yet, so i'm working on getting my money back.

The final straw that made me decide i'm done with the warrior was when the tech at TCS called me and told me that according to my measurements, the a-arms I have aren't worthy of aftermarket shocks (i'd have like 3 inches of shock shaft travel). That meant I would have to buy new a-arms, and new spindles too since the burgards required the stock spindles to be reamed out for the ball joints. That $800 can go towards skid plates for the raptor.

ive been thinking about upgrading but i have like tthe coolest warrior ever ;D and all the new bikes piss me off, they try to cram the biggest **** into a small ass space making it hard as **** to do anything....jesus its like a 20 step process to take off the airbox of a z400 hahaha but if i do upgrade the only thing that intrests me right now its a 400ex because they arent all compact like all those new peices of shits, that or a 450r thats a kick start just because ive wanted one forever.

Depending on how much i get into this racing thing i think im for sure going to get a 450r. Ill part out my warrior on here for you guys.

Well I have a set of spindles if you need them, sell the Burgards and old spindles, buy a set of ASRs or wickeds and your set. Unless you really want a new quad then go that route.

I've wanted the 700 for a while and just couldn't bring myself to do it because of how much money I have into the warrior. Now I have a good excuse and i'm going with it.

We could never really figure out what exactly was wrong with the a-arms. Had the guys at the local powersport shop look at it, and they couldn't find anything wrong, so it wasn't an installation mistake. The only thing I can think is that they were built by some mexican that doesn't know how to read blueprints, and they're not built to spec.

you think you have a lot into your quad....next winter is going to be hell for me....im really starting to think about gettting a 450r even though i hate the new bikes im never going to get anywhere with my warrior in racing...i might acually cry a little :'(

you think you have a lot into your quad....next winter is going to be hell for me....im really starting to think about gettting a 450r even though i hate the new bikes im never going to get anywhere with my warrior in racing...i might acually cry a little :'(

Little late be thinking all that now isnt it....

^ hahahha i was thinking the same thing, And what the **** are you talking about the new bikes i think are easy as **** to work on and so much easier and nicer.

^ hahahha i was thinking the same thing, And what the **** are you talking about the new bikes i think are easy as **** to work on and so much easier and nicer.

well, holy ****.

yeah right the warriors have soo much room to work with, the new bikes they cramed soo much **** into such a small space that ita makes cleaning the air filter a 20 step process, you also dont have to deal with the liquid cooler. Ive worked on a yfz and a z and they are both way harder then the warrior to work on.....and 97 its actualy not too late ive been thinking about since i started putting money into my warrior. I was going to race this season with the warrior either way then step up, either to a stroker kit or just get a new bike. I already have all the prices im going to sell everything for when i part it out and i found out ill sell everything and get 3000 to 3500 if everything sells for what i want it to and thats with all the parts a lot cheaper then i bought for and im not dissapointed at all. I love working on my warrior, i dont care that i lost a bunch of money, its something to do and it makes me happy. Idk im still thinking about it, i have to wait and see how this thing performs in a race, i like the challenge of having a slower bike then everyone else.

your just more used to working on your warrior..I have worked on yfz many times and the first few times i thought it was a bitch because i wasnt used to working on it

yeah i guess so....im kinda sad that im going to be leaving you guys at the end of the year if i go threw with this....ill come back everday though hahaha. Ive been wanting to get a rolling chassis 450r with a blown engine so that i had enough money to keep my warrior then rebuild it and ride my warrior till it was done then keep the warrior too but its just not going to happen with my income.

It's funny everyone sellin their Warrior, I will never sell it because the only new thing around here is kids it won't be quads, so lets just say the Warrior is fine for me.

Latest posts

Back