good news, bad news

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody want to take bets on how long I actually hold up to my plan of leaving this thing stock except for skid plates and maybe tires?

It's gonna be tough knowing I can gain over 12 hp just with pipe, filter, and power programmer... and barkers dual exhaust looks and sounds so sweet...

Think stock. Think stock. I can do this.

Just keep the warrior and buy something else? If you'd quit putting so much on your warrior you'd already have one...

Screw stock, what fun is that. 700's are bad ass, some of my buddies ride them and as I'm sure you know are nothing like a Warrior.

Should have it within a week, depending on how long it takes the dealer to order one. When I was there on friday they only had a blue 2007. Unless they have a gray and red 2008 that's in storage and not assembled yet i'll have to wait for them to order it.

I would get bumpers and skids first thing. Then take the airbox cover off and open the exhaust up a little. Pretty crazy how little you do to the engine and how much power you can make..

No kidding sometimes I wish I had of gotten one myself, go for the GYTR.

you shoulda got the 2008 GYTR edition..saw one of them at a local shop..hot damn there sexy

I thought about it, but I just can't justify that much extra money when the only differences are the bumper (which I don't really like anyways) and heel guards and the color scheme and graphics.

I would get bumpers and skids first thing. Then take the airbox cover off and open the exhaust up a little. Pretty crazy how little you do to the engine and how much power you can make..

Problem with that is you need to get a power programmer to do even the smallest little thing like opening up the airbox. I'm going to avoid that for as long as i can, It should take a little while for me to get used to all the power these things make stock.

I don't think they're even offering the GYT-R in the 2008 models, they don't have it on their website.

No, but they do have the SE and red/white color scheme is sick! You could always just buy my YFZ, wouldn't hurt my feelings what so ever...lol

O-rilly.. I thought that the computer had enough adjustment to make up for the added airflow. I bet I'm wrong though! haha
Yeah I would just go with the non-gytr version. They both come with the good shocks and the only difference is the bumper, plastics and gay nerfs.

i would say shocks first....i always kick myself knowing that i waited soo long to get a-arms and shocks first for the warrior, now i know better then to up money into the engine first.

The suspension will be staying all stock on this one. The suspension is what stole all my money and kept me from riding most of the time on the warrior. Stock suspension on the 700R is pretty damn good.

no i would say it was your a-arms...your suspension was fine, the works, it was your arms that fucked up your suspenson, which fucked up your money, becuase your had to buy different suspenson because your a-arms sucked. hahahaha that almost makes sence.

Yeah, but even having my wheels flipped had gave me all kinds of trouble in the beginning, i bet i've spent over $500 just in tie rods and tie rod ends since I bought it.

After my experience with the warrior's suspension i'm definitely leaving the raptor stock. I don't see any reason why i'd want to upgrade it anyways, it's got everything I want.

Yeah I'd leave it alone to. I'd probably just put some different bars on and call it quits.

Yeah, the handlebars are already taken care of. I have Pro Taper SE raptor bend bars on the warrior, so i'll just get a 10 dollar set of moose bars to swap out to sell it.

There ya go...lol Are you going to try and sell your warrior or part it out?

Back