good news, bad news

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There ya go...lol Are you going to try and sell your warrior or part it out?

I want to sell it as a whole, but the aftermarket stuff that I can take off and put the stock stuff back on, I will. Foot pegs, nerfs, bumper, stuff like that.

I think I want that dg bumper.

The DG is a little twisted and fucked up. I think i'll put that back on the warrior and sell my new PRM. Kinda sucks, I have like 30 minutes of riding on this bumper. Same thing with the AC nerfs and IMS pegs.

hahaha stock....that word isnt in my vocab., my r will be stock for a matter of minutes before i buy somthing for it....i already have everything planed out, ive actualy had it all planed out for a couple months now.

Houser a-arms
House swing arm
Maxxis razr2 tires on hyper wheels
elka shocks
pro amor: bumper, chassis skid, swingarm skid,nerfs, kill swich
AC grab bar
flexx bars
white bros exhaust
oversized gas tank
graphics from my bro

hahahaha thats what i already want....just wait and see what happends after i get it ;D, i cant wait to bust into the engine on that thing.

hahaha stock....that word isnt in my vocab., my r will be stock for a matter of minutes before i buy somthing for it....i already have everything planed out, ive actualy had it all planed out for a couple months now.

Houser a-arms
House swing arm
Maxxis razr2 tires on hyper wheels
elka shocks
pro amor: bumper, chassis skid, swingarm skid, kill swich
AC grab bar
flexx bars
white bros exhaust
oversized gas tank
graphics from my bro

hahahaha thats what i already want....just wait and see what happends after i get it ;D, i cant wait to bust into the engine on that thing.

Personally other then maybe doing some small things to the engine I would leave it alone.. pretty high strung already.

Heard the SE raptors suspension was better than the regular 700's. Didn't know if that was a consideration for you.

In 07 they switched so they both had came with the same shocks. Which are the fully adjustable ones that would cost you about 1500 from elka.

All you people selling your warriors. Gives me no hope for me to keep mine lol.

I'm stuck in college so until I get done with undergrad and probably graduate school I'll still have my warrior because I can't be stuck making payments on a new quad. So I have a distinct feeling I'm going to wind up nickel and diming this thing so much that I will never sell it.

dont worry, i love my warrior, if i wasnt going to get serious into racing i would deff keep mine just becuase i totaly made it from stock, its amazing IMO...i still have a whole year with mine still.

Do yourself a favor and test ride the Outlaw 525. Either the IRS or the 525S before you make a final decision.

My buddy is getting rid of his 700R and getting a Outlaw 525S after riding my KTM powered 525IRS. The 525S is 20 lbs lighter than the 700, comes in at 47.5 inches wide with Fox suspension stock and hauls butt. The KTM 525 engine is a beast and there are already a ton of aftermarket hop ups for it from the bikes.

I thought about it, but I just don't have any way to test ride one, and I'm not all that confident with the IRS design as it hasn't been around long enough to see how durable it is in the long run. Our only polaris dealer anywere close at all is a little hole in the wall place that doesn't even carry the sport models and will only special order them, so I wouldn't even get a chance to see one unless I bought it.

In comparison, there are yamaha dealers all over so I can take a close look at the 700r and know that I like the way it feels before I buy it, and that also means I have local places to buy parts for one. On top of that i've rode 660's before so I know what they're capable of, and knowing how much the 700's improved over the 660's I don't think there will be any disappontments here.

The only polaris sport quads I've ever rode were the older utility based ones (scrambler, trailblazer) which I think are total pieces of ****. Not that their quality directly reflects the quality of the outlaws as they're a totally different animal, but that's just one more thing that pushes me away from the polaris brand.

If I had a way to test ride one I'd seriously consider the 525, but buying one without even getting to see it in person just isn't going to happen.

I also like the idea of the fuel injection on the raptor, the polaris doesn't have that.

What would be the advantage of one of these outlaws over the 700R anyways? Other than 20 pounds weight difference on the straight axle one, or the IRS on the other one. I can't see them being much or any faster, or the suspension being any better (of course the IRS will ride smoother though)

The 700r seems like a pretty solid machine to me, what was it that your buddy didn't like about his?

besides it being a polaris the the 700 has got it beat....hahaha i hate polaris but i love the 525 because that engine rocks, if anything i would just get the ktm525xc because that thing just rocks, i got to ride one....wow, amazing. But a 450 is good for me.

Warriors are beginner and old man bikes.....every body seams to start on them and move on if there serious about riding or comes back around, if there to old to go complete sport bike but still like to kick it in the wood riding. At least thats what I've got out of the whole thing/bike.

Or they just can't afford making payments on a more expensive machine. Really I like how durable the warrior is for trail riding. The level of maintenance required seems quite a bit less involved than on most full sport quads.

Or keep the warrior for trail riding and get a 250r for when you feel like hitting the track.

Anybody want to take bets on how long I actually hold up to my plan of leaving this thing stock except for skid plates and maybe tires?

It's gonna be tough knowing I can gain over 12 hp just with pipe, filter, and power programmer... and barkers dual exhaust looks and sounds so sweet...

Think stock. Think stock. I can do this.

hahhahah i would bet not long, i said i wouldnt spend money or gets modds for the yfz but once you get it you get so tempted its impossible lol you get some money in you pocket and it just burns a hole in your pocket. i give it with in the first month youll have some little stuff on it thats my bet.

besides it being a polaris the the 700 has got it beat....hahaha i hate polaris but i love the 525 because that engine rocks........

And exactly how much riding time do you have on both the Polaris 525 and the 700 for such a bold statement that the 700 has got it beat? The 700 is a great machine but both the 525 IRS and 525S have some distinct advantages. The front geometry of the frame on the Outlaw is really nice. Look at how skinny the front frame is where the a-arms connect. It is as skinny as Ballances' famous "cheater" frame. There are many benefits to this. The Outlaws are 47.5" wide in front. My buddy loved the power of the 525. It revs quick and revs high like a 450 class engine but has the low end torque of a b/b. And he is tired of me walking him in drags. :eek: He loved the suspension/ride compared to his 700 and the weight is lower in the Outlaws compared to the 700. The 700 engine is much heavier than the KTM 525 putting the weight higher in the chasis.

Look at what you get stock on the Outlaw's. Steel braided brake lines, Douglas rims, Maxxis tires, 2 piston front brakes, Fox suspension, FCR carb and Magura hydraulic clutch and the much desired KTM 510 cc engine!

The 700 is an excellent machine, but if I was about to spend $6500 I would definately want people to offer me ideas on what they like about some of the machines available. And unlike most opinions I have a lot of time on both the 525 and the 700. I just don't banter out "Polaris sucks" or "700 sucks" without ride time on the machine.

This is the quads heading for the dunes, notice the 700 on the end!!

Trailerloadedside.jpg

[quote:g7lozfez]besides it being a polaris the the 700 has got it beat....hahaha i hate polaris but i love the 525 because that engine rocks........

And exactly how much riding time do you have on both the Polaris 525 and the 700 for such a bold statement that the 700 has got it beat? The 700 is a great machine but both the 525 IRS and 525S have some distinct advantages. The front geometry of the frame on the Outlaw is really nice. Look at how skinny the front frame is where the a-arms connect. It is as skinny as Ballances' famous "cheater" frame. There are many benefits to this. The Outlaws are 47.5" wide in front. My buddy loved the power of the 525. It revs quick and revs high like a 450 class engine but has the low end torque of a b/b. And he is tired of me walking him in drags. :eek: He loved the suspension/ride compared to his 700 and the weight is lower in the Outlaws compared to the 700. The 700 engine is much heavier than the KTM 525 putting the weight higher in the chasis.

Look at what you get stock on the Outlaw's. Steel braided brake lines, Douglas rims, Maxxis tires, 2 piston front brakes, Fox suspension, FCR carb and Magura hydraulic clutch and the much desired KTM 510 cc engine!

The 700 is an excellent machine, but if I was about to spend $6500 I would definately want people to offer me ideas on what they like about some of the machines available. And unlike most opinions I have a lot of time on both the 525 and the 700. I just don't banter out "Polaris sucks" or "700 sucks" without ride time on the machine.

This is the quads heading for the dunes, notice the 700 on the end!!

Trailerloadedside.jpg

[/quote:g7lozfez]

I appreciate your input that and you have some good info there that I wasn't aware of. First, I knew that the 500 outlaws had fox shocks, but I thought I read somewhere that they switched to some cheaper shock when they went to the 525? Did they go back to the fox shocks for 08? I didn't know they had brand name wheels and tires either, or the hydraulic clutch. That's pretty sweet.

I don't want to jump right into buying a quad without looking to all my available options, I just wish there was a way I could ride one or at least sit on one before I made a commitment to buy.

If the outlaw is 47.5" wide, how wide is the 700? I thought it was pretty close to the same.

Putting things back into perspective in my other view, the raptor 700 also has the dual piston calipers, piggyback dual rate compression adjustable shocks with progressive rate springs, an awesome frame, fuel injection (I hate working on carbs) and to me it just looks a heck of a lot better than the outlaw. I don't know what it is about the outlaw, it just looks like a squirrel that got kicked in the face or something, it's just ugly.

I'm sure that i'd be very happy with either machine, and they're in the same price range, so I can't help but let it come down to which one is easier to obtain, and which will be easier to find parts for (dealer location)

Latest posts

Back