good news, bad news

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah i've heard that before, but don't know that I really trust it. Sure, riding it harder may break the piston rings in better because it's putting more force on them, and pressing them against the cylinder walls tighter. But what about the rest of the moving parts in the engine? Being that this method has never really been proven to my satisfaction i'll just stick to the tried and true method of taking it easy.

yeah after looking at the price tags id pay someone to break mine in lol....... And thats one sweet ride!! i guess id just keep it stock till it wasent fast enough or loud enough and then start to do what you do best.........

It's already starting to be "not loud enough" haha. It sounds like a little 50 rolling around with this stock exhaust on it. Everybody I ride with has quads that are way slower than this and theirs just sound faster than mine. I just don't know how long I can let that keep happening. A 250x, 250ex, and eiger shoudn't sound better than the 700r! Some barker duals would fix that ;D.

no, greg, think stock. think stock.

I don't think this plan is going to work well at all. ::)

I'm really loving it so far though. I didn't get to really put it through it's paces yet, but from what i've seen so far yamaha did a very nice job with this one. The suspension feels firm, so it's real stable and you hardly get any body roll in the corners, but it still handles the rough stuff nicely. The EFI seems to work great too. Even after a cold ride home on the trailer last night I just turned the key and bumped the start button and it fired right up and didn't even hesitate to idle. I love it.

The chain adjustment system is awesome too, I don't know why it took yamaha's engineers so long to get it right. Just loosen the 4 bolts at the pinch point on the carrier, stick a peg in a hole on the side of the carrier through the spokes of the sprocket hub, and roll the quad back until the slack is right. Re-tighten bolts and continue with your day. It takes about as long as it does just to gather all the different size wrenches you need to adjust the older style carrier.

The stock tires even seem to be pretty good so far. As per yamaha tradition I was expecting them to be totally useless but as of now I really like them. The only thing i'm worried about is their puncture resistance.

well i think the duals are bitchin ............. but rember thats a payment that could be made. closer to payoff more to accesorize

my wife just showed me a thing from publishers clearing house and if we win i can have all the quad and **** i want they sent a card to her that says she is in the final round for 5 g's a week for life plus 25 g's instantly with a new 62 " flat screen and i will have to put the 46" in my bed room then....lol

Yeah, I know, it's not really a bumper, just a grab point. I already decided what I want, a black blingstar iron cross. Everything that i'm going to put on this thing will probably be black. I am going to try to wait until I have the warrior gone before I start spending any more on the raptor though.

yeah I was thinking the black iron cross would look sick on that thing..some black nerfs and some differernt bars with handguards and it would look really nice..Are those 20 or 22inch rear tires?

They're 20" rear tires.

I was going to put my powermadd hand guards on the raptor, but the problem is that the parking brake lever swings out and would hit it. I don't want to take the parking brake off on this, because it's supposed to be self-adjusting, not the pain in the ass one like the warriors and most other sport quads have. I have a set of pro taper raptor bend bars on the warrior that i'm going to swap out, but I don't know if i'm going to put them on the raptor yet. So far I don't have a problem with the ones that are on it.

If I get nerfs i'll definitely be getting some black ones. The problem is which one do I choose. There are a bunch of companies that make black ones for the 700. I'm not sure that i'm even going to get nerfs for it though.

Yeah, it's a different setup than i've seen on anything else, but it seems like a good setup. If it wasn't for the lever folding out so far and hitting the hand guards they would be perfect. I think i'm going to try to find a different place to mount the lever where it won't get in the way of the hand guards.

I read the 1st page of comments and then skipped to the end. Needless to say I am surprised you guys are letting go of that dream of a warrior keeping up in the end with the new 4strokes. More power too ya though at least now you will be able to keep up. haha

I am just thankful that I can keep my warrior around and bring it out for giggles now. It also helps as a backup too I guess or for when the buds want to try quading.

I think the dream is still there, it just takes a lot of work and money, you can hop on a 700 for some money and already be there lol

The problem to me is that alot of guys get ahold of a warrior for pretty cheap and then want to race it. Thats problem one - never was marketed as a racing quad. So instantly you are forced to drop some serious bank getting into that realm with a frame that isn't engineered for that type of riding. Not to mention the plastics are no aero dream either, I know everyone cuts theirs but that just proves my point further.

I feel bad for the guys that were let down 8000 dollars later when they took into their 1st race. My uncle spent so much money on thewarrior that I now own and it took everything he had to run up front and that was back in 97-00. Soon as the raptors hit it was over and they werent good race machines either but they had the power regardless and were aircooled.

I think for all of these guys that have modded the piss out of them that bracket drag racing isnt a bad route to take. Nicely equipped warriors run great with z400's and 400ex's

well they dont do bad at all at xc or hair scrambles, just wont race with a yfz but my buddy has a 700 raptor, sucks at riding, at i can smoke him in the trails

Latest posts

Back