Found new yfm 350 "project" start???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great price, almost seems too good to be true. Make sure you check it over closely, might be cheap for a reason.

Nah, figuring the economy and all, seems fair. iit was any less then that id be a little leery. Hell, i know of a nice 250R for 1700 and a 05yfz450 for 2,800. Time are tough and a little tougher for some, things are priced to sell.

ya guys around here quads are cheap, i went and rode it runs way better than my warrior did checked over good, i know these bikes inside and out its not seemingly to be used a lot seems like maybe a wifes or backup bike the guy had 2 450s in the enclosed trailer with it and a king quad so maybe it wasnt rode much, he said they went to oklahoma dunes like once a year. so i will prob put a deposit down on it and pick up when tax return comes in week or so. sounds awesome with pipe on it and is jetted dead on has reciepts for pipe/k&n install so its decent bike

That is a very good price if it is as good as advertised. The only ones at that price in New England are olderor ones with a major problem. I am seeing more and more desperation sales on Craigslist to pay the mortgage, etc.

Go for it!

yeah its lower than most of them around here but im just gonna go with my inspection of it ect i know myself too well and it wont stay stock long lol

Looks good I paid 1500 for my 04 raptor but it was 100% stock. It wasnt maintained too well but ran good. If that one is in good shape then with clean oil and a clean air filter I would for sure pick it up. Check the bearings also and the brakes my rear caliper was locked up wasnt a big issue to fix it tho. The raptor 350's are great quads I like the changes from the warrior too.

Kinda off topic but I know warriors very well but not raptors much, whats the main differences?

missouritrailrider said:
Kinda off topic but I know warriors very well but not raptors much, whats the main differences?

Another reason why you shoulda bought a Warrior! hahahahah

missouritrailrider said:

If you know the warrior you pretty much know the raptor also.

missouritrailrider said:

There have been more detailed posts than what i'm going to tell you, so if you search back through the last year you can find more info. The most noticable difference you will feel going from one to the other is the riding postion, the Raptor has a higher, more modern feel due to a different seat, different bars, and lower foot pegs, where the warrior feels more low slung and laid back like a chopper. Minor differences in the suspension damping but not huge. The Raptor has a CV carb vs the Warrior's old school butterfly/slide setup, sort of personal preference there but I actually prefer the Warrior's non-vacuum carb for off-road, CV's are smoother but not as durable or suited for rough **** in my experience. That being said, my 20 year old dual sport still has the original CV carb so they can't be too hard to keep going. The electrical systems are different, not really any difference in performance or reliablity but just gives you different aftermarket parts availability. Really i can go on and on and type more than can fit on your computer screen about the minor differences, but bottom line just check that parts are going to work first if you're buying parts for a Warrior for it, the real big differences are the seating positions and styling.

If you can score that gem for $600 buck, I say go for it! Deff work it, looks to be near mint and all stock! Deff. a good base if you plan to make a cool machine again.

Latest posts

Back