Fastest 350 Ever?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have missed it but what exactly are you doing? I mean I know your seeing how fast you can get it but what have you done to it besides pulling the plastic/weight? Maybe i'm just retarded but I haven't seen anything

Exhaust, plastic, pegs, gas tank, battery, bumper, grab bar, front brakes, lots of other small stuff.

Yeah, the lighter, the more hp/lbs there will be. I'm at about 11:1 right now, stock is around 20:1.

Well, there is a guy with a turbo Raptor with a motor build, at 140hp. A 100hp turbo Raptor has the same hp as a 70hp NA quad. It takes 2/3 of the hp of a turbo to equal a NA build. Still, I'm torn on what to do.

^------Isn't 100hp...well 100hp and 70hp...70hp? It's not like your driving a blower on the a car and losing horsepower to friction of the blower. Turbo's are super efficient and the way to go to make reliable power. I like the idea of keeping the 350 motor but it just doesn't make sense with all the frame work your planning on doing. Throw a old carb'd streetbike motor in with some gear reduction and be done with it. I own a 10 second basically full weight Eagle talon that's turbo. If it was built out all motor it would take 1000lbs of diet and it still wouldn't make it into the 12's...Your money would be better spent elsewhere for sure.

Next time a mod sees this. Please close the thread. I will let you know when I have something to say...

I think you're too sensitive. People are just talking. You make a thread titled "fastest 350 ever" and people are going to come and make comments.

That is very possible HDale lol. I'm going go try to get some metal together to make some drag struts:)

Not to be a dick or anything... But I talk to the best atv motor builders I'm the business in a chatbox almost every night. 70hp at the most, that's funny. I'm not sure how it's that hard to believe, because they make 18mil cranks, and 110mm cylinders. Which puts it at 969. With drag pipes, best cam, ignition, porting, everything, you would be way over 100hp on motor.

I mean seriously, I guess I might just have this thread closed until I have some more good news. Because it isn't getting on a good path....
i know that would b so hard to get 70hp out of just the motor on a raptor .... you would b better with a 450 bc of the head and the flow you can get out of it ... you get it done and we will see ... but i would race you with my warrior any day you want to

Yeah that would definitely be nice to see. I'm not sure how you'd do it though? I guess one of the big truck scales or maybe a scale at a dump?
i use 4 scales that that was the best why to do it so you what it is in the front and back

All of these are over 70hp, on 100% motor, let me know if you need more...
dynosheet.jpg

dynoshee1t.jpg

dyno3.jpg

dyno2.jpg

dyno.jpg

dyno1.jpg

That one is a monster!! 815 Raptor of Doom. I bet that is scary to ride!! I would assume that means 815cc? That one is the only one showing engine info, but I bet there isn't a one close to stock.

The second one from the bottom is the same build I have. I got those sheets from threads that said the mods. I looked at the mod lists, none had N2o or a turbo that I put up. So, if 815cc and a good solid head makes 84hp, how isnt it possible to get 120 out of say, a 1154cc build?

Hard to say. It would take one hell of a better head. Those heads are stuffed pretty full with valves so I don't know what more could be done there. Maybe they are using a one off billet head or some highly modified head of some sort. It sure would be cool to see, whatever it is!!

Last edited:
The sheet like yours does have some engine info. +1 CNC ported head. I assume that is +1mm intake valves? CNC porting makes a big difference if the guy doing it have a flow bench.

I thought those had 5 valve heads like the 450's? We have had a lot of the 5 valve cylinder heads here in the shop, but I guess they must have been YFZ450 stuff. Obviously +1 intakes fit a little easier with the 4 valve set up.

Back