Fastest 350 Ever?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rappy'97

Reaction score
Well. I have a decent job now, and have a certain amount that comes out of my check per week. So, I have some extra $$$ to spend. The motor will come next summer or so. But I am making it lighter during this winter. I know it is extremly ugly. It isnt going to be made to be a beauty at all. Thats not the point. I want to make this the fastest 350 ever with a 350 based motor. I am going to try to log most of everything I do in here on this thread:iagree: Any suggestions? I'm looking for sub-280lbs or so...
What I'm doing to it:
Sanding down pegs, stem and parts of frame for light weight...
Making different subframe. Will post pics of example to show why...
Custom drag struts done on CNC at our shop, or just steel rods with bushings...
Powdercoat Frame and stock a-arms...
TheSwingArmShop +6 swingarm...
Barker's Performance drag pipe will show example...
Holley N2o, still debating on shot size...
HotRods HC2...
Different seat, more than likely from a dirt bike...
Custom gas tank, tank will weigh the same as stock...
Shave the brake caliper holders off spindles...
Grind brackets off frame...
Different connecting rod to support N2o...
Might do some P&P...
Debating on running rear brakes or not....
Okay, I now have a bent valve, but once I get my KibbleWhite valves in, this is what it will look like, this is 100% driveable...
103_0275.jpg

103_0273.jpg

103_0272.jpg

103_0274.jpg

Subframe, black is how I want it to be. Red is what I can get rid of...
103_0235-1.jpg

Lol, its light now, cant wait to see once I do some sanding and grinding!

The heaviest parts of the bike are probably the engine, tires, fuel? I doubt shaving those little bits off are going to get you down to 280lbs :) It'd be awesome if it did.......but that's like what almost 100lbs?

I have no bumper, no front brakes, no fenders, lighter battery, no grab bar, I mean, there is alot that I have to do yet. If YFZ's can get down to 220 with a radiator, I can get to 280 with this 350...

It all adds up man. Let's say 8oz per bracket on average... it only takes 2 brackets to make a pound. Every 7lbs I loose is like gaining an extra HP. So if I loose 140lbs, that is like having a full weight 40hp+ bike. And I will have more than that being I will have N20...

more motor means more optimization of weight loss too just food for thought a 12:1 motor would be bad ass if ya put it in this frame

more motor means more optimization of weight loss too just food for thought a 12:1 motor would be bad ass if ya put it in this frame
Im not looking to spend alot of money on this project. Most of it will be in powdercoating. I might be able to get a deal on it when the time comes, I need about $350 worth of stuff for the 700 he will be doing.

6500 rpm and up?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!:eek: holly **** how high you gonna rev it?????? oem redline is 6k! 8k is really stretching it

imo a 6500rpm motor = :loco: builder

I had my 350 at 8800 when I bent my valve. I had it up to 9,000 once under different conditions....

Well, more cam duration is gonna move the powerband up so that's another reason to get away from the HotCam. 8oz per bracket, that's expecting a lil more than possible I think but I've never cut brackets off just to weigh them, lol! How do you know you were pushing 9000 when you bent the valve? Btw, you prolly bent the valve b/c the panzy stock springs couldn't control the valve.....thus keeping it off the seat longer & causing the piston to hit it. Just an fyi, upgrade the springs. It kinda pisses me off that manufacturers don't list spring pressure per proper install height or the spring rate!

Latest posts

Back