Elite vote gen1pat

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is pat worthy

• He'll yes!

Votes: 40 97.6%
  • Not feeling it

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Psi sorry.

Go actually run the math. Thank you.

im running a 12:1 83mm je with2 base gaskets. Ive ran the numbers 3 times and cc'd it twice. Its at 11.6:1

Did you check comp after running it a while? I had 165psi with a bad sleeve and the motor was cold. The sleeve is the reason im having to put the motor back together today. So I will expect to see higher numbers after break in.

I did already. Hence why I asked you what you came up with numbers. That is fine if you want to be a dick about it no skin off my back. Just was hoping to try and figure this out with out your ******* ego getting in the way but as always that can't happen.

Checked it at every 20 hours oil change. Pretty much stayed the same unless I changed cam timing. Which would go down if I retarded the cam and go up if I advanced the cam. When I pulled the engine apart to install the stroker crank it was still up around 220-215 psi.. You seen the pictures though, the sleeve cross hatch was pretty much gone, so that was interesting. Must have been right at the point where it was going to drop off. I put some hard miles on the war dog and held up great didn't burn oil, but could tell the last couple tanks of gas started to fall up and didn't have that "hit" you feel on a strong engine.

I know I've said this many times before, reason is how important it is in producing power, reducing detonation and engine running cooler.. Try your best to get around .030-.040" deck no matter what compression you are running. You just running two stock gaskets?

Last edited:
I calculated 3.5 more hp then dunners even with less compression all the way from 2k-10k rpm.[/QUOTE]

With a monster torque curve coming in MUCH sooner!

What are the predictions on total HP?[/QUOTE]

I would be happy to run it for you if you want to give me some more specs. It will be hp at the directly off the crank. So it will look way more then say you would dyno.

Intake (carb to air filter) length and size from start to end.
Exhaust size and length.
Carb size.
head flow numbers (if you don't have I can use a rough est.)
Mega .450" cam right?

You'd have to aske Weston about the induction tube from carb to box. He made it. Stock header with DG "O" series slip on(has 2" pipe for the the mid pipe to muffler). 39mm FCR. Don't know flow numbers, and yes, Mega .450

I would guess I'm in the neighborhood of 35hp...

You'd have to aske Weston about the induction tube from carb to box. He made it. Stock header with DG "O" series slip on(has 2" pipe for the the mid pipe to muffler). 39mm FCR. Don't know flow numbers, and yes, Mega .450

I would guess I'm in the neighborhood of 35hp...

I was going to say in that ball park of 34-36hp. I dyno'd 38hp with my build. Here is what I got for numbers off the crank. Same head, same exhaust, air filter off the carb (how I run mine) I'm not sure of your intake that can change a lot, same exhaust, same carb. Only thing different is piston, compression, and bore from you and dunners.

patanddunner_zps2e2a00a3.png

Dam Jason what's your estimate on mine, same intake as pat but no box, sudco carb, fst port, .440 cam, je 10.5-1 85mm, powerbomb with yosh

I don't know dunners intake so I just went off what I run.. off the carb.
You would have to give me, how long and what the size is at the filter where it clamps on.
The powerbomb header I'm not sure the diameter. I would think it's the same length as stock. Then I would have to know what size is on the start of the slip on to where it comes into the core and what size and length of the core are.
I have the cam. Want me to compare to something while I'm at it?
FST port.. does that use the larger intake valve?
I can do it just let me know some details and I will run it for you.

:popcorn:

This thread is great on all levels. I love learning, Just wish some of these numbers were easier to me, I'm number-retarded.

I also need to get a vitos key and figure out how to measure my deck height whenever I get around to slappin my engine back together.

Interesting, should be a good race, how you plan on factoring in the trans smooting and ignition advance and plug difference? Im still gonna let the dyno tell the numbers instead of a estimate by a pc.

I still cant figure out how you got 36cc stock warrior head just boggles my mind. But hey, gear heads will always butt heads.

I think he is all set lol. Congrats Pat you earned it bro. Great job!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Congratd dood. 1st 1st gen elite. Probably the best 1st gen in the world!!

Latest posts

Back