Elite vote gen1pat

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is pat worthy

• He'll yes!

Votes: 40 97.6%
  • Not feeling it

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had to guys!!! It's usually deadlast that pulls that when someone is a shoe in and he usually waits till the last minute to change it back. It's changed back though!!

My mod list is now 100% accurate... The FCR is on and 99% tuned! I'm in love, what a difference. I forgot how badass this carb is!

Just a little update. Spent time with the FCR this morning. Thanks to Weston confirming my thoughts on it's jetting needs, she is tuned in. I love this carb on this engine:) Huge power improvement. Current jetting:

58 pilot
2.75 turns out on mixture screw
3rd notch up from bottom on needle (has 7 notches)
195 main

To put this into perspective, Weston's (if I'm remembering correctly) has:

52 pilot
165 main

When he tuned it with stock displacement & S1HC

He will have the 252X1 cam in (same as mine) when he gets the engine back together either tomorrow or Monday. It will be very interesting to see what jetting changes he will have to make. At that point, the only things different will be displacement &bore/stroke which = more cylinder volume.

Just a little update. Spent time with the FCR this morning. Thanks to Weston confirming my thoughts on it's jetting needs, she is tuned in. I love this carb on this engine:) Huge power improvement. Current jetting:

58 pilot
2.75 turns out on mixture screw
3rd notch up from bottom on needle (has 7 notches)
195 main

To put this into perspective, Weston's (if I'm remembering correctly) has:

52 pilot
165 main

When he tuned it with stock displacement & S1HC

He will have the 252X1 cam in (same as mine) when he gets the engine back together either tomorrow or Monday. It will be very interesting to see what jetting changes he will have to make. At that point, the only things different will be displacement &bore/stroke which = more cylinder volume.

C/R will also effect jetting.. But just you saying this goes to show that you should have way more power then dunner.

The other thing to consider is you have a flat top race piston with very little skirt and also is super light. So that right there is going to have less drag then say the wiseco with a larger skirt..
Did you have to change cam timing is yours?

Pat has about 11.4:1 comp, I have right at 11.6:1 so its gonna be a close race.

Now I never got to completely finish jetting it, that will come this week.

Should be interesting, the motors are identical except the stroke. Should be a interesting race!

C/R will also effect jetting.. But just you saying this goes to show that you should have way more power then dunner.

The other thing to consider is you have a flat top race piston with very little skirt and also is super light. So that right there is going to have less drag then say the wiseco with a larger skirt..
Did you have to change cam timing is yours?

I rigged up my degree wheel from the exhuast pipe bender on the crank bolt. Initial cam reading was 8* advanced. I decided I wanted a little bit of advance, so I got it down to 3*. I felt safe with it there. I could have gotten it down to a half degree since the cam sprocket goes in incraments of 2.5*.

Should be interesting, the motors are identical except the stroke. Should be a interesting race!

And the bore^^^

I rigged up my degree wheel from the exhuast pipe bender on the crank bolt. Initial cam reading was 8* advanced. I decided I wanted a little bit of advance, so I got it down to 3*. I felt safe with it there. I could have gotten it down to a half degree since the cam sprocket goes in incraments of 2.5*.

And the bore^^^

I like running that cam 5 degree's advanced or so for just a little more bottom end, mid range with out giving to much top end.

Stroke, piston and bore and C/R are different?

The only thing you would have an advantage of is say if you had a lot more compression. What piston are you running?

How are you calculating C/R? Are you using cranking compression? I think you are off if you are getting 11.6 with the weisco.

I think he is going to pull on you quite a bit as he should have more torque and pick up the power faster.

I like running that cam 5 degree's advanced or so for just a little more bottom end, mid range with out giving to much top end.

That's why I'm running 3*. I could go 5.5*, but she gets up and moves great as is. I don't feel like changing cam timing at the moment.

Back