Elite vote gen1pat

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is pat worthy

• He'll yes!

Votes: 40 97.6%
  • Not feeling it

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stroke, piston and bore and C/R are different?

The only thing you would have an advantage of is say if you had a lot more compression. What piston are you running?

How are you calculating C/R? Are you using cranking compression? I think you are off if you are getting 11.6 with the weisco.

I think he is going to pull on you quite a bit as he should have more torque and pick up the power faster.

83mm 12:1 je, going off head cc, displacement and deck hight to get the comp ratios.

Im running more spark advance, a different cdi, and different exhaust all together, otherwise our motors are close except his is a 379 stroker and mine is built as a 348 high rpm motor. The gearing we run is almost identical, if i could get a 37 rear, it would be.

Its gonna make a good race! Mines a bit lighter a machine then pats. We shall know in a week!

You can get 11.6 with a wiseco at 80 over and no jug due to the fact that the compression ratio they sell them as (10.25:1) was calculated using a 83mm piston and the domes were not cc corrected at the different bores. The wiseco piston is a good 15grams heavier as well were the je is about 12grams lighter then the OEM pistons in both the warrior and raptor350.

Why is this taking so long? 97% and only one hater. This bike is elite by landslide!!

Ya but he still has to wait til his days are up!!! Never know, 36 people could sign up in the next 3 days and not like it!!! LOL

83mm 12:1 je, going off head cc, displacement and deck hight to get the comp ratios.

Im running more spark advance, a different cdi, and different exhaust all together, otherwise our motors are close except his is a 379 stroker and mine is built as a 348 high rpm motor. The gearing we run is almost identical, if i could get a 37 rear, it would be.

Its gonna make a good race! Mines a bit lighter a machine then pats. We shall know in a week!

The ignition timing won't effect to much, just cause it's already pretty good advance from the factory, but if you can hold 34 degrees till red line it would be better.
I am getting for that 12:1 piston that you would have a cc volume of 31.7cc using stock bore.
Yeah one of you could just put a 16 front tooth on and basically have more top speed. That is what I run to take advantage of the added power. Really though I like the 15t on 20's. I think that is perfect for top speed and low speed.
I think carb tuning and exhaust will be the biggest factors now.
What kind of cranking compression do you have?

You can get 11.6 with a wiseco at 80 over and no jug due to the fact that the compression ratio they sell them as (10.25:1) was calculated using a 83mm piston and the domes were not cc corrected at the different bores. The wiseco piston is a good 15grams heavier as well were the je is about 12grams lighter then the OEM pistons in both the warrior and raptor350.

I don't think you can get that much from a .060 over, 10.2:1 wiseco piston. I could be wrong as I've never looked into them because they use large skirts and this will hurt performance but help the engine live longer.

I never did check cranking compression. I'm diggin the 15/40 and 21's for the same reasons as you. This thing accels better then a typically modded warrior with stock gearing and tires, or 14/40 and 20's. Is great in the woods too.

I never did check cranking compression. I'm diggin the 15/40 and 21's for the same reasons as you. This thing accels better then a typically modded warrior with stock gearing and tires, or 14/40 and 20's. Is great in the woods too.

I'm going to poke dunner again and say that if you beat him you then you will be able to take down 450's! All in good fun! ;)

Pat your bike really is a part of you and you did an awesome job. Elite all the way man.

Thanks Jason. I told Weston yesterday that I almost wanna pass racing him and go right for 450s, THAT is how much power it has and how fast it is. No joke, I'm impressed.

Pat your bike really is a part of you .[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. I have metal shaving from it's a arms in my skin. And, it has my skin on several sharp components. Lol.

Hah, all in good fun! Most 450 riders can't ride so its not to hard.

As for wisecos the .080 over and no jug gasket its right at 11.5-11.6:1 ain't did the numbers in a long time.

I run15-38 on 18s so its gonna be a interesting and very good race!

Congrats pat! First stroker firstgen elite!

Hah, all in good fun! Most 450 riders can't ride so its not to hard.

As for wisecos the .080 over and no jug gasket its right at 11.5-11.6:1 ain't did the numbers in a long time.

I run15-38 on 18s so its gonna be a interesting and very good race!

Congrats pat! First stroker firstgen elite!

I didn't think wiseco made a .080" over piston? That is only going to gain you .020" with no jug gasket, maybe a 1cc. I have 33.2cc total combustion chamber volume at 11.5 C/R stock bore and 34cc total bored to 357cc. Is that what you are getting?

Cold I had 165lbs stone cold with a bad sleeve and hc. Ill get back to you after I get it back together tomorrow.

I had 195-225 psi with my old JE 10.5:1 piston, depending on cam timing. I would say with that cranking compression you don't have 11:5 c/r.

Pat your bike really is a part of you .

Yes it is. I have metal shaving from it's a arms in my skin. And, it has my skin on several sharp components. Lol.[/QUOTE]

I calculated 3.5 more hp then dunners even with less compression all the way from 2k-10k rpm.

[/QUOTE] I calculated 3.5 more hp then dunners even with less compression all the way from 2k-10k rpm.[/QUOTE]

With a monster torque curve coming in MUCH sooner!

What are the predictions on total HP?

Last edited:
Lbs or psi

Psi sorry.

I didn't think wiseco made a .080" over piston? That is only going to gain you .020" with no jug gasket, maybe a 1cc. I have 33.2cc total combustion chamber volume at 11.5 C/R stock bore and 34cc total bored to 357cc. Is that what you are getting?

Go actually run the math. Thank you.

I had 195-225 psi with my old JE 10.5:1 piston, depending on cam timing. I would say with that cranking compression you don't have 11:5 c/r.

im running a 12:1 83mm je with2 base gaskets. Ive ran the numbers 3 times and cc'd it twice. Its at 11.6:1

Did you check comp after running it a while? I had 165psi with a bad sleeve and the motor was cold. The sleeve is the reason im having to put the motor back together today. So I will expect to see higher numbers after break in.

Duneracerweston: Mines a bit lighter a machine then pats. We shall know in a week![/QUOTE said:
Whatever weight advantage your bike has over mine is lost once you sit on it, sascuach! I only weight maybe 200 with boots, helmet, and gopro.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back