Civc or mustang

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 second allmotor
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Last edited:
Drove my sister's 2010 Accord V6 coupe for a week in Ontario.I'm not one for cars but sure had fun with that.
If I got a car I would want another Volks GTI,loved mine.

warriorgirl you sure do love your hondas eh... pretture sure you have had everytype of civic/acura...

I love honda. I have had everything from a crx,civic all years since 91, integra,93,95,96,2001 type r,honda accord, s2000, honda element. The only we have had other than hondas has been a 99 f250 and a 2005 f450 dump...

You must be right.....everybody else is wrong;

no i just have common since as to put 2 and 2 together :p

"The Duramax is General Motors diesel engine family for light- and medium-duty trucks, designed by Isuzu. The 6.6 liter Duramax is produced by DMAX, a joint venture between GM and Isuzu in Moraine, Ohio. This engine was initially installed in 2001 model year Chevy and GMC trucks and has been an option since then in pickups, vans, and medium-duty trucks. In 2006, production at Moraine was reportedly limited to approximately 200,000 engines per year.[1] On May 9, 2007, DMAX announced the production of the 1,000,000th Duramax V-8 diesel at its Moraine facility.[1]"

Not built by isuzu (that is owned by GM) but designed by isuzu. Dmax is OWNED by GM and isuzu just has sharing stocks in it (something like 20%) GM owns Detroit diesel and they build the engines in the humvee's for the u.s. military AND the diesel's in trucks up to 1998. So we're all right in our own way :)
I'm done now :p

Oh on a side note i'm pickin up a new quad in a couple days KFX400

Last edited:
Sy all u want about duramaxes but they had to de tune it to run in a pickup you can't say that about porestroke and a power stroke won't pull with a duramax or get the gass millage

Little info they are all detuned to pass emissions, thats the only reason to detune. They all also get about the same mileage, when its hand calculated. The little computer that says your mileage is usually so far off in the to high direction, that if you actually think your getting the mileage it says, well I wont say what I want to at that.

Another problem with those and am sure with all new diesels is the regen mode it has to run because of emissions.

WHEN i finally steal a duramax i'mma do the EFI live chip in it so i can swap to the lope tune, smoke tune, tow tune, and so on. and ofcoarse solid axle the front :)

I saw Trucks TV on powerblock years ago get over 600hp and 1200 toque with a Duramax. They used all Bully Dog preformance products, I beleave it was a reprogrammer, propane injection, and noss. They also said that the Allison tranny had to be upgraded to handle it. It was the highest reading that the Horsepower TV dyno ever had recorded at the time. I've always wanted that truck

Little info they are all detuned to pass emissions, thats the only reason to detune. They all also get about the same mileage, when its hand calculated. The little computer that says your mileage is usually so far off in the to high direction, that if you actually think your getting the mileage it says, well I wont say what I want to at that.

I under stand this but our duramax with a 24ft inclosed with 9 quads air compressor and all the food 5 guys +ride gear for 9 we were passing all and every dodge and ford going up the mountain and still got 20 mpg

I saw Trucks TV on powerblock years ago get over 600hp and 1200 toque with a Duramax. They used all Bully Dog preformance products, I beleave it was a reprogrammer, propane injection, and noss. They also said that the Allison tranny had to be upgraded to handle it. It was the highest reading that the Horsepower TV dyno ever had recorded at the time. I've always wanted that truck

Yep its right around 500 hp that the allison needs to be biult up to handle it for the long term. At that level its a ticking bomb, before the tranny goes. Not to say thats bad because ford and dodge are the same way, but some people think the allison is indestructible. As for the Bully Dog stuff, I wouldnt even use it on a damn thing, besides that it and about every off the shelf programmer or chip blow. Custom tuning is king. As for propane its over rated, especially since all it will really do is give you a slight bump in power and mpgs. Bigger turbos, injectors, custom chips, and NOS are some of the best ways to biuld power safely.

Latest posts

Back