Civc or mustang

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got a little civic auto and used to beat it pretty good but now i try not to since i dont feel like it breaking... got 124k miles on it and i drive it like 100 miles a day delivering pizza pies and still is an awesome little car. slow as all hell and not an eye catcher but awesome one gas.

i got from pittsburgh pa to ocean city nj in a tank of gas (11 gal tank) and still had some gas to drive around 50 miles in the city. freaking awesome and thats a auto a 5 speed would be better.

if your looking for gas eating all your money but like the rumble and the stigma of the stang i would go for that. me personally i like my civic just cause i hate paying 10 dollars for 2 gal of gas but i usually get 100 miles with 2 gal so ehh. maybe if my job didnt rely on me driving my car all day and me paying my own gas and had a beter job id get a stang.

IF you get that civic please for the love of everything good DO NOT PUT A FART BOX EXHAUST ON IT!! lol I hate how every civic, integra,etc have those mufflers on them. IMO I would take the stang and thats hard for me to say im a big chevy guy. If ya can, look into some 88-98 chevv silverado's, very easy to work on and insurance won't be bad if ya get a regular cab short bed.

haha wow this started a big debate i think i might get the civic or keep my eye out for a crx i want the mustang or camaro but i dont think i wont to pay the insurace and i wouldent want to bang it up but in a couple of years a muscle car will come

Im 18 and have had a 6 beater ( :cry: ) mustang since I turned 16. I wana move up to a v8 like that fox body there I like it but insurance would deff. kill you thats why I got the 6 beater (for a good price too back when I got it) so if you can afford the extra expenses of a v8 I'd go with that hot fox body but a 6 or a 4 would get you where your going without killing you on insurance/gas... or killing you with speed ; P.
Oh yeah and my 6 beater is governed at 110 : (

You could find a nice 4 popper stang... Them go for cheap and later u could do a 5.0L swap. Mustangs never had a v6. The first year for that was 94. The foxes had either a 4 popper or 302.

Yeah thats what I was about to say foxs only have 4s or 8s no 6s.. 1994 and up they have 6 beaters no 4 poppers lol. And if you do end up swapping motors from what I hear youve really gotta tell your insurance company... I thought about trying to just swap my motor for a beast and then paying my v6 insurance but I heard that if you get in an accident they'll use that as an excuse to drop you so it'd end up being the same as having no insurance paying all out of pocket...

Last edited:
What year stang / civic is the motor stock in the civic. Both are fast / fun civics are very reliable stangs a ford. Not a ford guy but the 5 L are bad ass. Both are going to be expensive on insurance and gas cause everyone here knows you beat the piss out what ever ya get lol we all have done it and still do

Yeah thats what I was about to say foxs only have 4s or 8s no 6s.. 1994 and up they have 6 beaters no 4 poppers lol. And if you do end up swapping motors from what I hear youve really gotta tell your insurance company... I thought about trying to just swap my motor for a beast and then paying my v6 insurance but I heard that if you get in an accident they'll use that as an excuse to drop you so it'd end up being the same as having no insurance paying all out of pocket...

Lol and I have a 85 s 10 with a SBC insurance only looks at Vin so they think it's a v 6

12 second quarter mile for under 8,000 allmotor civic. B20 vtec a little 2.0 .
If you have any questions let me know.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Last edited:
Yeah I miss it sold it to buy this thing. It was fast for most of it being stock parts.
ry%3D400

damn rice burners... says the girl with a toyota... well least mine's a truck and was made before they put the motor and transmission side to side. for a real car i'll still only buy American (chevy to be exact)

did you know that the Chevy Duramax engine was made by Izusu for chevy. Same with the chevy luv. And those Geo/chevy. And Ford ranger, explorer. both have Mazda counterparts

how fast did you get going in quarter mile

I dont remeber the trap speed, I will have to look for a slip in my attic one of this days. It ran high 12's as a street car with slicks low 11's gutted with a built race motor it made 289 hp to the flywheel.

ry%3D400

Back