Civc or mustang

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior89

Reaction score
i know this isent a car forum but just wanted to know what you think im turning 16 in like 3 months and am thinking about getting one of theese cars what do you think i like the mustang better but its more expensive and gas being $3.50 a gallon here i dont know if i will be able to afford it plus incurance will be crazy but i think that the insurance i could put it under someone elts name http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/2259721947.html

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/2257411138.html

Civics are junk! unless ur concerned about gas then go for it, but if you want performance go with the stang. I have a 90 LX coupe im putting a 306 with all forged internals together, 5 spd, big aluminum heads,cam, intake ect. Might put a 100 hp shot on it too. Long story short the mustang is so easy to find perfromance parts and they are sooo easy to make fast! I had my bros completely stock 94 gt 5 speed run a fastest of 14.5 in the quater. Your choice thou, If you need help i know a ton about mustangs and fords in general.:tup:

How many miles does that stang have? Have you called them yet? 3800 is a very very fair price for a good shape fox body.

Ok. if the stang is an AOD (automatic) ask them how it shifts and if ALL the gears work good. The AOD tranny are complete JUNK imo. Thats what my car had in it but i switched to a t5 5spd once overdrive took a ****. The AOD's are notorious for overdrive goin out, then 3rd gear, then 2nd. They cost a ton to work on and are a dog off the line. The only thing an AOD is good for is the junkyard or if its perfesionally built for drag racing

Eh just look for a 87 88 thunderbird turbo coupe. Good gas mileage, plenty of power, 5 speed, and a posi rear end.

And to what you siad warriorgirl09, I havent found a chevy that I havent been able to kill just dailey driving. And thats far from beating on them. My fords I can beat on day in and out and they take it

v6 camaro are worthless peices of ****, I know I had one 94 5 speed if it was a v8 would be great but had a 3.4 6 banger, slow ass car blast to drive rode like it was on rails conered great, needed more power.

He is the thing you are 16 just starting to drive, you INS is gonna be killer casue you are a at risk driver, get that stang and you INS payments will be more then what you can buy a car for per month. And haveing a performance car your gas bill will killer too. Just me but i would look for a good little 4 banger most hondas are good cars last a long time if you take care of them and don't beat the **** of out them, and take care of them. My first vehicle was a 73 el camino cool little ride rode good but had a messed up cam at the time didn't know it. After had a 77 dodge step side, then a 89? i think cavalier 4 banger 5 speed drove the piss out of it, then had a 82 chev long bed truck love that sucker with a 93 cavalier, then a 97 grand am worthless POS junk car, now have a 94 chevy ext cab that have had a long time. IMO the trucks lasted longer they are tougher, if you can find a mini truck like a s10, frontier, or something like, I would go for it

Keep it small tough and cheap, it will get banged up, beat and maybe wrecked till you get some miles under your belt. I got lucky in my years all 3 of my wrecks were not my fault but lost some good vechicles too.

If it was me and it came down to it get the honda, cheaper INS, cheap on gas and they last a long time if you take care of it.

Dirtrider is right about insurance and the car getting beat up. My first vehicle was an 88 4x4 f-150, dad and i fixed it up from being totaled and i drove that for about 3 years and then have the truck i have now and made it super nice, painted it, put a lift and big tires ect. Then i got my mustang and am in the proccess of redoing it. The mustang being a performance car will need more mantinence and more care when driving. These cars get up to speed quickly and drivin with the wrong hands can lead to big prob. With gas goin up you may want to just settle for the banger now and get a nicer car later on

Its not a v6 its a 6 speed with the lt1

well 6sp tranny is factory stick for those and did he tell you it had an lt1 because that sure looks like the v6 exhaust. I've had 2 Cameros and both had the "fake" duel exhaust. The muffler is sideways and it has 1 inlet and 2 outputs. All the v6 ones had single input and output. But the exhaust might have been changed on that car

Dunno my v6 camaro had one pipe out the back, that one looks like a v6 don't look like it has any emblems on it for being a lt1. And most lt1's have dual exhuast for sound and looks. But that could be a factory exhaust tip for the lt1. I would ask them in the ad to pop the hood and snap a pic of the engine to see what it has in it.

Back