can a camshaft stop atv from working???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That 1mm thing as you called it is machined there to center and support the gear. It was broken and we tried to warn you and help you. From my chair you are on your own because I will not try to help you ever again.

im use to having no help on anything, only time ppl around here 'help' me with sumthing it always cost money

im use to having no help on anything, only time ppl around here 'help' me with sumthing it always cost money

you are quite ignorant there is 5 pages of people trying to help you, you just choose to ignore the advice and put broken crap back together when told several times it would cause more problems if you did.

If you don't feel you are getting help then stop coming back

i dont even know what a keyway is lmao i put it back together the same way i took it off (i didnt add anything), just tightin that bolt on the gear down f-ing tight so the gear woudnt move without turning the cam.

but we learn from are mistakes i guess.. this one is just costing me (well kinda lol the phone im selling on ebay whts at $142 already.. i got for free but had to fix it, the phone will be buying the new cam). and i gotta learn how to not be in a big hurry to go riding and to wait nd do it right so i dont have to keep taken it apart

ok i just have to say this first. you did not replace the keyway ( that 1mil thing i think you called it) and just tightened the cam bolt, on the cam gear, really f-ing tight; a bolt that holds a cam gear in that turns at over 5000 rpms, and you tighten it down like that and expect it to work out fine. :loco: i dont know why you are lmao with this. unless you got real lucky you bent your valves which like i said is $400 at a discounted price, when it sounds like a at most $20 part would have fixed this. now i m going to take the high road and not call you an idiot like i should.

at what point did any of us ask for money when we gave you help.

If you don't feel you are getting help then stop coming back

i second this

Last edited:
Hey guys could really use some help, i was in the same situation as this guy origanly with the noise it makes when you try to start it, after inspection I found that my cam gear broke off, why did it brake off? The guy b4 me decided to weld it to the part where the bolt screws in, I cant figure out how to start my on post or how to upload pics, theyre all on my profile. I always listen to advice Im not like this kid, its my first atv rebuild but ive already got the head off. Any help would be appreciated I just dont know all that should be replaced

Hey guys could really use some help, i was in the same situation as this guy origanly with the noise it makes when you try to start it, after inspection I found that my cam gear broke off, why did it brake off? The guy b4 me decided to weld it to the part where the bolt screws in, I cant figure out how to start my on post or how to upload pics, theyre all on my profile. I always listen to advice Im not like this kid, its my first atv rebuild but ive already got the head off. Any help would be appreciated I just dont know all that should be replaced

go to Motor, Transmission, Electrical, Intake & Exhaust forum(where you found this post) and hit the giant "New Thread" button that is at the top of the thread list and post what you said here :)

Back