Caltric Stator problem solved!! FIXED MY SPARK!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ciscomkv

Reaction score
Anyone out there that has been chasing spark issues on their Warrior has come across eBay stators. I took a chance on it considering how much volume Caltric sells..here is my story

Bought an 01 Warrior with no spark/intermittent spark (started once). I went through the entire bike testing everything and came up with bad pickup coil. Very common problem on these bikes. Went to ebay bought a Caltric stator and gasket for like $46. Came in from Cali in like 2-3 days and I installed it pretty quickly. Boom started up right away! Friend of mine takes it for a ride for 20-25 mins and shuts the bike down. an hour later I try to take it for a spin and nothing...completely dead..same no spark problem as before.

I contact Caltric and they immediately(literally 3 minuites) get back to me through eBay. They tell me they apologize and they sent me out a replacement right away without any delay or return shipment. comes in again 3 days later and same thing..install new one and found no spark. :argh:

I found out that on the first stator I received the red pickup coil wire had frayed and must have been shorting out due to crappy insulation.

FOUND out the NEWER stator had an issue with one of the harness plugs. The pins on the Yamaha harness weren't making contact with the Caltric plug.

**So to resolve this I took the crappy sweatshop made connector and put the factory Yamaha connector from my original stator on it and :atv: smooth sailing... no more spark issues! (knock on wood) I can now finally ride the quad a month after buying it lmao.

Figured I throw this out there in case anyone else had issue in the past or are looking to get a new stator. From all the research I've done THE STATOR IS THE WEAK POINT!!! Just get a new one! (after testing a few other things of course). Dont try and just buy all new everything bc your frustrated.(learn from my mistakes). CDI's are not your problem (usually). The caltric one hopefully will be worth it in the long run but I bought this bike mainly to flip bc I got a fair deal on it. I have a 96 Warrior thats a fresh rebuild thats my baby.

Any questions lmk ill try and help out since the forum has been so informative to me so far!

Anyone out there that has been chasing spark issues on their Warrior has come across eBay stators. I took a chance on it considering how much volume Caltric sells..here is my story

Bought an 01 Warrior with no spark/intermittent spark (started once). I went through the entire bike testing everything and came up with bad pickup coil. Very common problem on these bikes. Went to ebay bought a Caltric stator and gasket for like $46. Came in from Cali in like 2-3 days and I installed it pretty quickly. Boom started up right away! Friend of mine takes it for a ride for 20-25 mins and shuts the bike down. an hour later I try to take it for a spin and nothing...completely dead..same no spark problem as before.

I contact Caltric and they immediately(literally 3 minuites) get back to me through eBay. They tell me they apologize and they sent me out a replacement right away without any delay or return shipment. comes in again 3 days later and same thing..install new one and found no spark. :argh:

I found out that on the first stator I received the red pickup coil wire had frayed and must have been shorting out due to crappy insulation.

FOUND out the NEWER stator had an issue with one of the harness plugs. The pins on the Yamaha harness weren't making contact with the Caltric plug.

**So to resolve this I took the crappy sweatshop made connector and put the factory Yamaha connector from my original stator on it and :atv: smooth sailing... no more spark issues! (knock on wood) I can now finally ride the quad a month after buying it lmao.

Figured I throw this out there in case anyone else had issue in the past or are looking to get a new stator. From all the research I've done THE STATOR IS THE WEAK POINT!!! Just get a new one! (after testing a few other things of course). Dont try and just buy all new everything bc your frustrated.(learn from my mistakes). CDI's are not your problem (usually). The caltric one hopefully will be worth it in the long run but I bought this bike mainly to flip bc I got a fair deal on it. I have a 96 Warrior thats a fresh rebuild thats my baby.

Any questions lmk ill try and help out since the forum has been so informative to me so far!

Talk to YAMAHAULER about them stators he knows all about them lol..

Last edited:
i've had my caltric stator for over a year now, no issues yet what so ever, knock on wood

yeah they sent it to me with the wires for the source coil in the wrong slots in the plug so I thought it was DOA after some trouble shooting I finally decided to switch the source coil wire around and BAM!!! #5 started right up and is running great now

Ya I contacted them about it. They said "we have been selling them for years and no complaints yet" bunch of bs!! All I've read about is quality issues. But like u said, after the contacts were adjusted the pig came to life! Now I have to get a new clutch bc after my first ride with her she grabs at the last possible moment.

Ya I contacted them about it. They said "we have been selling them for years and no complaints yet" bunch of bs!! All I've read about is quality issues. But like u said, after the contacts were adjusted the pig came to life! Now I have to get a new clutch bc after my first ride with her she grabs at the last possible moment.

Funny **** cause that was the exact thing they told me. at least I got a free extra new stator out of them before I figured out there wiring **** up
Thanks for the backup bitches! lol

Ya I would keep the extra 1 they sent me but the first one had a short in the wire and was all burnt so they can have it back. Lol. So ill end up w a free stator lmao. Just glad it's running now.

Latest posts

Back