• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

bling star style sprocket and rotor guards prototype

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elwood I've thought about it since last night and I've got a idea how to make it work better and I'm gonna add a peice to in when I get back to the house and I will show you how its gonna work duel sided like the sprocket guard

ok so here is the new setup for the brake guard! see if you like it better then the other setup

IMG_20110810_164055.jpg

IMG_20110810_164110.jpg

It looks pretty good, I bet it'll get a little better and more "OEM" looking after you make it a few times.

It looks pretty good, I bet it'll get a little better and more "OEM" looking after you make it a few times.

Yupp. All one color, proper lenght bolts, smooth cuts and spacers. You got a quality product there.

If you want to start making these even faster and more uniform, I'd suggest getting a router table (or building one they can be had for not too much money) and get a pattern bit for it, and make wood patterns of the items you need. Then you just use some double sided tape, tape the pattern to the plastic, and run it around the router table for a nice clean and perfect shape every time.

Would work for the case guard as well. Might be other ways? But this is the easiest I can come up with from what I know and have used lol.

i wouldnt thinkk a router could cut the 1 inch plate that stuff is hard to cut i broke 3 blades on the last case save i built because the stuff is soo thick!

I don't know, you'd be surprised. People build DIY cnc routers all the time and they cut lots of HDPE and other plastics. I don't think it'd be a problem or at least I'd be surprised if it were. The only thing is getting a bit that is tall enough to cut it might cost a bit? Would have to be a bit over 1", or you'd have to make 2 passes or something.

[youtube]J8n-wTG2m6Y[/youtube]

People cut aluminum with these machines as well, and they are just using store bought routers.

Last edited:
Well I've got a local guy with a small cnc machine so I'm going to check it out today so I may be getting a cnc machine but if not could you send me those plans :)

Herm lol, still costs 2-3k to build probably. I think the plans are watermarked with my email on it though lol.

Honestly though, for low production runs I think a router table would be the most economical option and shouldn't be that hard.

That's not the plans I have, that's the Joe's CNC 2006 one which is made out of MDF mostly. I have the plans for the 4x4 Hybrid, which cost like 100 bucks with forum access (which gives you a ton of idea's and mods and what not). He also sells a kit for all the HDPE and what not parts that's real nice. Easily one of the most built and best quality DIY machines out there.

This is a rack and pinon modded 4x4 hybrid.
[youtube]WwEkrQo6740[/youtube]

ok so ive got the material and all for four of these but im not going to release any of these untill i have sent the prototype to dead and have him pond it into the ground here is a few pics of the peices with them off the bike and laying in the floor and the price is offical at 100 plus ship and 135 for the combo of the case saver and guards

IMG_20110816_135551.jpg

Latest posts

Back