• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

bling star style sprocket and rotor guards prototype

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wait, why wont it work on the warrior? whats hitting? It looks killer on the blaster!

the left down tube on the oem warrior swinger is about 3/16th away from the sprocket hub part that has the studs in it and with my origonal design it has 1/8th thick peice of plastic and a 1/4 inch tall bolt head so there is nowere near the clearence to the swinger ill take pics in a min after i finish JBOOSTs case saver's stamping but the pics will cler it up for ya

ok so this kit is starting to take shape but ive come to realize that this kit is going to take a good bit of wrenching to put on by who ever puts one of these on! ive got more then 15 hours in r&d in the sprocket guard alone and i havent tuched the rotor guard yet but it looks to be simple but knock on wood and all hardware will be in stainless but 1 nut so far

Here's the newest pics of them on my warrior almost finished with them!!

IMG_20110809_164844.jpg

IMG_20110809_164859.jpg

IMG_20110809_164834.jpg

IMG_20110809_164828.jpg

Last edited:
Can the inside one be thinner or have the bolts inset? I'd like to see how the new design is gunna mock up.

Cool, It seems like your missing a skid plate that I thought was stock, Also you need a company name for all this sh*t

ok boy its finished!! i slamed it all together and mounted it and im pritty much done with it wanna smooth some spots up but this is 95% what its going to look like i got the 3/8th thinck coming in blackso it will look cleaner but heres the pics btw dead im not sending this to you till monday at the earlyest we are going riding saturday and i wanna try these out some

IMG_20110809_164859.jpg

IMG_20110809_223434.jpg

thhe silver lines in the pic are the marker im using i was throwing ideas around

IMG_20110809_223423.jpg

IMG_20110809_223406.jpg

IMG_20110809_223359.jpg

Looks good. I can test these out real good on Labor Day weekend. You going to get correct length bolts for the caliper side? So you use stock skid mounting mounts, good comprise.

ya on the rotor side its only bot 2 bolts that go to the oem skid mounts but on the sprocket side man that takes forever to install!! you have to pull the oem studs out of the sprocket hub install new ones and lock tite them and use a punch to lock them inplace! its a ordeal alright but its worth it running 20s you get 5.5 in cleraence and 4.75 in on the rotor side! not bad in my opinion with a little better desight on the next one it will be better then that and it will have both sides covered like the sprcket guard and i can get another 1/4in clearence out of it no problem

in the one i buit as a prototype there is
21 washers (alot of these will be replaced with sleaves and spacers in the final kit)
6x 8mmx50mm studs
2x 8mmx50mm bolts
2x 8mmx30mm bolts
3x 8mmx40mm bolts
6x 8mm lock nuts
5x 8mm flange nuts (will be lock nuts in final kit)
and a hole mess of plastic

You made me spill my drink when I saw the pics.

Latest posts

Back