• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

bling star style sprocket and rotor guards prototype

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duneracerweston

Reaction score
Ok so me and DeadLastRacing have been talking and I've been working out some of the issues with a prototype version with the same material as I'm made the first generation case savers out of and I was wondering if anyone would like a set and if so what color? I can get it in black and blue white and yellow so this is going to be a bout a month out for delivery maybe more

Ive been thinking about about something like this to. Just didnt have the resources that you seem to. Got a pic of a prototype and a price in mind

IMG_20110803_171236.jpg

IMG_20110803_171532.jpg

Ihavent had the time to start on the brake side one yet I'm hgoing out of town this morning but I will be back Sunday so I should have a prototype asap of that one too

Looks good man, can't wait to test one out. Perhaps we can find some cut tube for the one sides spacers instead of using a stack of washers?

I vote for black. White just evenchully gets stained from the chain wax and mud.

Just curious, but what exactly would this protect you from?

Rocks and anything that can damage your chain. Its an option for rear end protection. You run a set of these or a rear skid plate. Benefit of this is you keep all your ground clearance.

On stock style warrior carriers this is a great option, as they sit quite low to begin with and adding a rear skid to that just drops your clearance even worse. Plus this option is light and durable.

I think mine has a skid plate already on it.... Someone put one on with like fencing wire.

Duner it looks great man. Once you get these all done and good to go ill buy both sprocket and brake gaurds. I have the 87 style sprocket hub thou.... instead of 6 bolts theres only 4. I vote for black also. White sticks out to much

Duner it looks great man. Once you get these all done and good to go ill buy both sprocket and brake gaurds. I have the 87 style sprocket hub thou.... instead of 6 bolts theres only 4. I vote for black also. White sticks out to much

You got a lonestar swinger too. We still have to figure out how mine and yours will mount on the caliper side of there the stock setup.

This product was my idear, I knew duner could tackle it. and I'm gunna be the guinea pig on testing. We'll get all the kinks out in no time. :tup:

You got a lonestar swinger too. We still have to figure out how mine and yours will mount on the caliper side of there the stock setup.

This product was my idear, I knew duner could tackle it. and I'm gunna be the guinea pig on testing. We'll get all the kinks out in no time. :tup:

Yeah i can just use the aluminum skidfor the sprocket but i dont like that brake disc just chillin there for a nie big rock to bent the **** out of it. At Crow i was payin very close attention to the rocks stickin up so i would hit it. This would be perfect.

Cool when the time comes I think I'll get that and the case saver :tup:

Ok so I searched the bling star setup and that seems to go for about 230 for the whole setup and I think I would have to charge close to 100 for my set because of the large amount of material required to make these some may think that's a bit high but its what I can do

ok so i did a test fit on the final setup with the correct stainless bolts locknuts and all and i opted to just run washers theres only 2 on each bolt i mounted it up on my blasty which is actualy running 18s and heres the pics

IMG_20110808_180349.jpg

and its really close to the oem guide on the blasty i havent checked to see if its the same on the war dog

IMG_20110808_180314.jpg

has a few issues ive got to work out.....
IMG_20110808_180112.jpg

IMG_20110808_180106.jpg

IMG_20110808_180054.jpg

well crap guys this isnt going to work! well not like this one the inner ring dosent have the clerance on the warrior that it dose on the basty so the way i se it there is only 2 options

#1 run it with only one guard ring like on the old polaris 4x4s

#2 make a second peice that bolt to the carrier like the blingstar rotor guard and run one ring to give us both sides a guard

so in which way do yall want/think i should proceed?

well crap guys this isnt going to work! well not like this one the inner ring dosent have the clerance on the warrior that it dose on the basty so the way i se it there is only 2 options

#1 run it with only one guard ring like on the old polaris 4x4s

#2 make a second peice that bolt to the carrier like the blingstar rotor guard and run one ring to give us both sides a guard

so in which way do yall want/think i should proceed?

I like #2 idea that way you be for sure safe if you it a big pointy rock or root stickin out of the ground

Latest posts

Back