Best Trail Mods?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote:y43c0zk9]Hey YamaRider I just want to add this for my money when im done i should and will be able to beat any of my friends in the woods. Becuase i could almost keep up with my mojave 250, they all have 400exs and a z400 and i can tell you they payed way more then me and got jack done to theres but i also built mine from scratch and save a bunch of money so i just might have way more ups then them but i just love the feal of warriors in the woods and basicly hate everything else.

Were are you findin these deals for z's for 4000 with good work done to them.

I don't know what he paid for his exactly, but klutchbuster picked up a z400 with long travel elka suspension and all the other goodies for damn cheap, around $4,000 I think. There are a lot of built up z400's on the market since the r450 came out.

I also see 440ex's with all the basic bolt-ons at the local shop, selling for $2,200-$3,000 depending on how nice they were. Right now there's a 440 with burgard a-arms, rpm axle, shocks revalved by works, race plastics, nerfs, etc, for $2,300.[/quote:y43c0zk9]

3500 to be exact ;)
Now to thread steal, z400's were voted like the best trail quad werent they?
A z400 won a national championship didnt it?

That enough proof for me!!!

Now back to the thread, I wouldnt even think about ridin trails without a steering stabilizer. If youre one of us low budget racers, a stick style will do fine for a while, or if you have the cash, get yourself a precision dampner, incredible dampning that thing offers. After that I would get skid plates and tires.

Lets not talk about spending money on the Warrior ;) Everyone who know's me on here knows how much I've spent. Now I just happen to like the Warrior thats why I spent it on it. With the money I spent, I probably could of bought Doug Gusts used Z400 cash j/k.

yeah but how much was into that z400 that won the championship? (That proves my point). And the z is the same thing as the kfx so basicly the kfx was the best too. And that it was rated the best probly out of just the 400's.

It was rated out of all sport quads at the time for trail use, the LTZ/KFX/DVX 400 won the shootout.

Dude I understand you like the Warrior, obviously I do too, however I don't underlay the fact that the Z400 is a way WAY better quad then the Warrior, light years ahead, only now with a 446 stroker and my suspention do give a Z400 a run for it's money, and that still doesn't remove the 30 lbs more heft my quad has. Really dude get off the fact that they are a unreliable POS, my boy has one and he kills it, and he's never broke anything. The first year Suzuki had a problem with the shock mounts and the frame welds, but that has since been rectified. The only thing I would take a Warrior over a Z for is hill climbing,as the front heavy Warrior has more sturbility, and less a chance of comming up on you.

Thats not my only point :mad: the fact that its a suzuki i just dont like them, they are way too tall, they sound like ****, the whole swimg arm assembly sucks nuts(way to heay, big, hard to replace berings in it, and takes way too long to tighten). seriously is there anyone on here that agrees with me that Z's are overated or any Z related hates.

Thats not my only point :mad: the fact that its a suzuki i just dont like them, they are way too tall, they sound like ****, the whole swimg arm assembly sucks nuts(way to heay, big, hard to replace berings in it, and takes way too long to tighten). seriously is there anyone on here that agrees with me that Z's are overated or any Z related hates.

Sorry, but everything you just said there describes the warrior way better than the Z. Warriors are 4 inches narrower, have a higher center of gravity, and have a 40 lb swingarm with yamaha's retarded 40-step chain adjustment system. Let's not even get started about the rest of the warrior's little quirks, because I could go on for days with that.

And what is it with you and how everything sounds? Sound is one of my last priorities. You say everything other than a warrior sounds like ****, and frankly I think you don't have a clue what you're talking about. I never heard any real sport quad with a good exhaust that didn't sound good.

Sounds like you're a little too biased for your own good.

You don't like Suzuki you got 2 others to pick from! I am probably gonna pick up a Z in a couple years once I get all my other priorities straight. The rest of the good trail quads are either Honda's or Raptors. Theres not much for choices, and the Z is at the top of the barrel. Now I haven't seen or read much about the new 700 but I still think the Z will have everything but power covered. I don't even consider Honda, they are basically funny feeling (to me) Warriors. Air cooled, heavy all that. I am not considering the 450's in any of this because I don't consider them trail quads. To wide, to loud, to low. All your complaints about the Z covers pretty much every factory trail quad ever made.

Edit: Seems I forgot about Polaris. Oh well, no big loss

[quote:eek:tpi26we]Thats not my only point :mad: the fact that its a suzuki i just dont like them, they are way too tall, they sound like ****, the whole swimg arm assembly sucks nuts(way to heay, big, hard to replace berings in it, and takes way too long to tighten). seriously is there anyone on here that agrees with me that Z's are overated or any Z related hates.

Sorry, but everything you just said there describes the warrior way better than the Z. Warriors are 4 inches narrower, have a higher center of gravity, and have a 40 lb swingarm with yamaha's retarded 40-step chain adjustment system. Let's not even get started about the rest of the warrior's little quirks, because I could go on for days with that.

And what is it with you and how everything sounds? Sound is one of my last priorities. You say everything other than a warrior sounds like ****, and frankly I think you don't have a clue what you're talking about. I never heard any real sport quad with a good exhaust that didn't sound good.

Sounds like you're a little too biased for your own good.[/quote:eek:tpi26we]
To me it sounds like he is just naming things about the suzuki HE doesnt like.

Hey it is what it is, most of us choose a Warrior because thats what we like, but I won't bash another bike, especially one that has been designed in the last 5 years. The Warrior was designed in 1986 when people were still buying three wheelers, I love it but it's an anchient machine.

To me it sounds like this thread got blown out of proportion.

The z400 is nothing special.... at least in my opinion....

Since when did these things become super machines?

To me it sounds like this thread got blown out of proportion.

The z400 is nothing special.... at least in my opinion....

Since when did these things become super machines?
We arent argueing that the Z400 is a super, beefed up machine, We are argueing to that idiot that a z400 isnt a thrashy bike, and IS better stock for stock then a warrior for the simple reason suzuki designed it too be the best in its class, which isnt a very big class I may add. I knwo there are warriors out their that can whoop up on z's, Im not bashing warriors, and Im not speaking highly of the suzuki. It just happens to be by coincedence that dude is talking crap about suzuki's 400, and I am defending it, regardless if I own it.

[quote:rhgzk4l4]Thats not my only point :mad: the fact that its a suzuki i just dont like them, they are way too tall, they sound like ****, the whole swimg arm assembly sucks nuts(way to heay, big, hard to replace berings in it, and takes way too long to tighten). seriously is there anyone on here that agrees with me that Z's are overated or any Z related hates.

Sounds like you're a little too biased for your own good.[/quote:rhgzk4l4]

im not talking bout the exhaust sound im talking about the engine sound it sounds like **** like its going to blow up along with all the other 400's.

To the rest i never said stock to stock warriors are better, well i might have but that isnt true. stock to stock a z would rip me in half. But for the money you can get a better wheeler i think or what i think a better wheeler is. I am also nameing off all thing i hate about it. But i must say i have less complaints about the warrior then the Z.

The swim arm on the z' takes for ever to tighten, you have to lossen the back bolt, losen the top 4 bolts, tighten the back bolt, line up the sides, then teighten the 4 top bolts. the warrior is just losen the 2 back nuts, tighten the bolts, tiehgten the bolts, much faster and easyer.

What else do you want me to prove that i hate on them is really bad and not jsut stuff im making up.

If any machine sounds like it's gonna blow up, it's the Warrior....lol. Damn noisy valves never stop making noise.

If any machine sounds like it's gonna blow up, it's the Warrior....lol. Damn noisy valves never stop making noise.
true dat..... This thread is rediculous iv agreeded with eveything that people have said except for teamexileracing due to his lack of knowledge about the 400's and what there about which then leads me to think that he is pulling stuff out of his ass...

everyone has their opinion. the z seems overpriced imo, but i still think it's nice just from what I've heard and seen. i've never ridden one though so i can't really say what i think of them.

Quick question, well two. How much width will I gain by flipping my rear wheels, and is a Warrior rear shock about the same size as a Blaster? I know a 250R shock fits a blaster, but what about a Warrior?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back