1999 Warrior Rebuild "Jar-Jar"

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks badass!! Glad to see you could use the shock relocator after all. I feel ya on the no heat part, I aint got none either in my garage its like a igloo every time I go out there.

Its taken a little getting used to it sitting about where it actually should, but I think it will corner even better now!! Need to do a couple more things before I try firing it up agian to do a test ride.

Ya I wanted to do some stuff to it this week, but we had the -20 ambient temp, with -20 to -30 windchills. Ya I wasnt leaving the house to work on the quad!!! LOL

I think i still love ur quad. Its badass man. And yes this damn freezing cold weather needs to stop. My quad has been sitting under a tarp for way to long now

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the compliment, if you havent yet you should look at the first couple pages of this and then at the last couple. Ive looked thru the entire thing and almost cant believe what I started with and what it is now!!! Of coarse then I also sit and thing of some of the killer deals Ive gotten during this build!!

I honestly tried everything before using the shock relocater due to everyones comments on them. BKroll finally talked me into it and first ride I loved it. Bike cornered great and it was as smooth as a new bike

Got the full fenders on tonight, they still need a bit of work to be up to my standards but I really wanted to see them on!! Of coarse now that they are on, I can tell you for any hopes anyone has about staying clean with a widened front end... HAHAHAHA good luck. You can tell how far past the fenders they stick now!! LOL I need to get a couple things cleaned up and some outside pics and Ill update my Elite thread. As you can tell space is a bit limited

Looks better than your other ones....I mean well you didnt even have fender before anyways lol

Thanks Jeff!!

And Lou, I actually kinda liked the cut fenders. Had I had done the cutting they wouldnt have been that short, but oh well. I am keeping the chopped ones around though, it'll allow me to change things up once and a while!!

Im gonna be cutting mine sooner or later this week depends how much painting I get done with.

you did just instal that z400 carb are you sure you had it jetted right? just a thought

Octane I don't think was a problem as I was running premium. Unfortunately on setting 3 on the dynatek, extended run in and out of full throttle. I'll find out more when I get it home, to sandy up here to pull the top end apart.

Yep, you've gotta watch with the timing advance. All combined with high compression and the motor could've been way too hot from mud all combined to make a flamefront that happened too soon and traveled too fast. Thats why I stuck with stock timing.

From my experiences timing won't melt a hole in the piston it will crack or beak them. You should have heard it detonate. But sometimes with a pipe you won't. But if it goes lean, like big time lean egts like 1300+Well aluminum melts at 1200 you get the picture

Back