1999 Warrior Rebuild "Jar-Jar"

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... If race fuel is readily available for you, then, go for it! But, me, I'd be sticking to no more then 11:1. That, or, a cam with more duration and bleed off. I've go the Wiseco 11:1 in mine, with a slightly decked head, and am running just find on 93 pump. However, I am running the Mega 252x1 and that is a big cam. On my 86 ATC350X, I'm running an 11:1 Powroll big bore with a custom ground cam and so far have had zero problems with 93 pump.

Me and Kyle have been talking about what could have been a big contributor to the problem though. He's thinking the timing compounded with the compression and being just slightly lean lead to it. It's a real big circle track around here and there is already 1 station locally that carries race fuel on top of the race businesses.

Well over the weekend I ordered a replacement piston, 14 tooth front sprocket, and the next size up main jet a 155(since thats the throttle range I was at when it went boom!!). Ive got my fingers crossed that atleast the piston gets here by the weekend, Id really like to start putting Jar-Jar back together. A little later on Im gonna be ordering up a 15 tooth front sprocket, for the up north trips. Theres a lot of long straight stretches and that would guarantee I wouldnt be running wide open for extended periods of time. I cant wait to be able to ride again!!

Good to hear Tony
I need to get my ass and #5 out and get some ride time in bad!
I wanna get on over to Dead Horse Run but it's gotta dry up quit a bit before it's doable with a sport quad

Im gonna assume if you dont want to chance taking #5 thru is must be damn near a swamp!!!

Its just killing me seeing mine in pieces right now. Need to pick up some oil to and I just changed it before going up to black river falls!!

Ya underwater, big rocks, not good for a Warrior!!! Of coarse if theres 4x4 quads going thru at all then you have all the ridges they created for oyu to get high centered on too.

Jet came yesturday and is installed, piston came today but I wont be able to get it installed till this weekend. I need to grab all the tools Im gonna need out of my work box to get it put together. Im still waiting on the 14 tooth front sprocket though and I went with renthal to match the rear sprocket agian!!

Hopefully before the end of the weekend she will live again!!!

Sprocket finally came yesterday!!! As of this morning Ive finished pulling the top end apart and started the reassembly. Ive got my fingers crossed that all goes well and I can install the motor and fire it up by tonight. I also made my own base gasket, its a little thicker so it should make up for some of the shave that was done to the head and make the compression more pump gas friendly!!

A pic of the backside of the new and of the old. Oil burnt right to the back of the piston. Remember this setup didnt have a whole lot of hours on it yet.

Motor is back in the frame. Tomorrow I need to finish mounting and hooking everything up and get some fresh premium for the tank. If all goes well Ill have a video of it running agian!! And if my buddy has a few free minutes Ill try getting a video of me riding some!!

Havent gotten it 100% to be able to ride quite yet, but I did get it run-able done!!! In the rush to get it torn down when I got home to find out how bad the damage was some bolts got missplaced, so Ill have to replace some before its rideable agian. But heres a running vid as promised!!

You and me both!! When it went I had to be pulled 20miles roughly back to camp. Some of the thoughts going thru my mind were part it out and cut your loses. Glad I came to my senses though!!!! Hopefully thru the week Ill get the last of the finishing touches done and be able to ride again!!

your machine is one of my favorites. If I ever redid my warrior I would want it similar to yours:atv::slayer::tup:

Latest posts

Back