1999 Warrior Rebuild "Jar-Jar"

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got to thinking, I dont think it will really do much for me considering Ive already got the Dynatek. With those to together I think there may be a possibility it will advance me to far. Any input?

I'm not 100% on this but they are to different systems, Vito's being mechanical the dyna electrical. The dyna should adjust accordingly to the Vito's weak spots and give a little extra grunt. I personally don't think I would stack the two. But I also don't think it would advance you to much. I have never looked into the dyna so I'm not sure on this just speaking what makes sense in my head. Someone else will chime in with there opinion to.

Im just gonna go with a stock replacement for now, especially considering my dyna is the programmable one. Finally got the flywheel pulled and sure enough the key was sheared even with the crank. Hopefully gonna pick one up tomorrow and for sure get it back together this weekend.

I'm hoping and praying every time I go riding the Vito's +4 key don't sheer lol
3 long trail rides so far on #5 since rebuild/restore and no sheer yet

did you get a cover yet if need be I could send you the one that failed that I spent 12 hours polishing last summer lol just cover shipping

I'm hoping and praying every time I go riding the Vito's +4 key don't sheer lol
3 long trail rides so far on #5 since rebuild/restore and no sheer yet

did you get a cover yet if need be I could send you the one that failed that I spent 12 hours polishing last summer lol just cover shipping

Ya never thought the sheer would ever happen to me!!! LOL Good luck!!

I would be willing to pay for you to ship it back to me. As I wanna investigate what happened and have a closer look. Though I probably wont cut it apart. Once I get this idea for the fix figure out for sure, I wanna mod it the permanant way and send it back to you. You have so much time in that it would be a shame if #5 didnt get to have it!!

she's alive!!!
player.swf

funny!! I had to cut down the flywheel key I got as the smallest one that was the right width was still to tall. some fabbing later it was perfect. fired up almost immediately!! I'm just glad that was all it was!!

Round 3 attempt to get things rolling agian!!! First things first though, Id like to thank beastmode17 for the diamond J shock relocators. Everyone always siad that the front looked a little high, well now Ill have some adjustability. Down side though, he had originally bought them for his Rappy, he contacted them and they siad they were for a warrior. Well guess what, try mounting them on my warrior and the back one hit the steering stem. Time for some good old modification!!!! Ill have some pics later, but the 2 main pieces are now one piece!!

Couple more things and Im gonna have round 3 with hoping for no more issues with the flywheel area. Got my fingers crossed!!!

Man that would work, I didn't even think about putting them together. Glad they are gonna work out for ya, And Thanks for the shout out.

Round 3 attempt to get things rolling agian!!! First things first though, Id like to thank beastmode17 for the diamond J shock relocators. Everyone always siad that the front looked a little high, well now Ill have some adjustability. Down side though, he had originally bought them for his Rappy, he contacted them and they siad they were for a warrior. Well guess what, try mounting them on my warrior and the back one hit the steering stem. Time for some good old modification!!!! Ill have some pics later, but the 2 main pieces are now one piece!!

Couple more things and Im gonna have round 3 with hoping for no more issues with the flywheel area. Got my fingers crossed!!!

When I had the Diamond J widening kit on mine, I had to grind clearance in the shock mounts for the stem too.

Man that would work, I didn't even think about putting them together. Glad they are gonna work out for ya, And Thanks for the shout out.
Didnt get a chance to get pics today, but Ill get some tomorrow. I havent even painted it yet!!! LOL No problem on the shout out man its the least I can do!! Oh and thanks for the stickers you tossed in to, gonna have to figure out something for them since Im not big on putting stickers on the warrior.

When I had the Diamond J widening kit on mine, I had to grind clearance in the shock mounts for the stem too.

I didnt like the idea of grinding clearance, I wanted it still solid. In reality what I did was cut the mount that was interfering with the stem in 2 after I had it bolted to the other one for perfect alignment. Heated in a precise place both sides and bent to touch the other one. Then I welded them together. So from the outsides it looks normal. Makes it a really solid piece. Kinda nice having use of some fun tools at work!!!! LOL

Oh and I forgot, if I can thing going in the right direction Jar-Jar will be torn down this winter completely hopefully for the last time. If any of you have read my clutch cover thread, I now have a hook up for powder coating. Im thinking the yellow is gonna stay yellow, but gonna go a bit brighter and the black parts Im gonna have done in black or black chrome. This way the chance of scratching something goes way down!!!!

I didnt like the idea of grinding clearance, I wanted it still solid. In reality what I did was cut the mount that was interfering with the stem in 2 after I had it bolted to the other one for perfect alignment. Heated in a precise place both sides and bent to touch the other one. Then I welded them together. So from the outsides it looks normal. Makes it a really solid piece. Kinda nice having use of some fun tools at work!!!! LOL

Good idea. I know that will be way stronger.

Thanks to a little horse trading with buzzy, I now have a set of full fenders minus the "mud flaps"!!! Got to do some cleaning of them and finish up some other little things before they go on. Im actually kinda curious how it will look with something more than chopped fenders!! Im hoping I will like it. Im keeping the chopped fenders around though, never know when I want or need something like that for something specific!

Of coarse unless another project takes presidence over Jar-Jar, Ill be disassembling him yet agian for hopefully one last time. As I plan to have some powder coating done, frame, grab bar, bumper, and anything else that has just paint!!

Last edited:
Finally had time to get the full fenders washed up. Need to do a little work and Im not sure about leaving the stickers since I dont have the rest of them, but they are for sure the right color!!! Still need to cut the flap edges off yet and get them mounted. With the Tbird project and work more extra time has been at a minimum. And yes thats one of my daughters blanks, the couch is a darker color and I wanted the fenders to stick out!! LOL

Still messing with getting things done when I can, but damn its been cold!!! With no heat in either shed that my projects are in, nothings gotten accomplished! But on an up not I actually thought to snap some pics tonight of the new stance with the shock relocation kit. Heres how it sat before.

And heres how its sitting with the shock relocator. Sits about level agian!!

What do ya think??

Back