Yfm350 serious power build!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, 89mm is a pretty good size bore, definitely need a good head for that. Not sure about ground to match cams though, I guess a porter that works with these engines alot could make suggestions on lobe profiles & Web or someone could grind it! I have a feeling a 400 Warrior would be pretty cool.

Ya that would be sick but those big bore kits thast Re that bur are bad about over heating really fast sdo you would have to figure out somthing on the cooling side of things too

I don't think boring to 89mm is exactly safe. Would still require a full sleeve and case milling.

Yeah I'm sure they overheat easy. Because these engines are air cooled I think you really should limit how far you take the mods. Maybe on a race track where you're keeping your speeds up it'd be ok for the most part. Anything else like trail riding just isn't going to create enough air flow.

if i did the 400 or 410 kit... i would try running two coolers the big bear set up and the clutch cover mod ...set up like dirt bike rads with air ducts that should keep it cool

dual coolers would be cool with multiple fans if possible. get it where it holds about 5 quarts of oil and it might stay cool lol

Yeah basically going to be it, a large cooler holding lots of extra oil to keep it all cool.

I'd really have to talk to Greg about what he recommends for the 400/410 setup. Overall, real big bore setups prolly aren't ideal for guys who trail/woods ride alot. I'm beginning to think maybe a stroked setup like the Hotrods with a good cam, some head work & stuff might be a lil better for that type of riding. I guess once again it all comes down to what do ya wanna do with it? I have to be perfectly honest & say that I enjoy exploring new areas so I won't be running at speeds that move alot of air over the head all the time, however, I want it to pull like mad when it's time for that. Maybe a vertically mounted cooler in front of the engine with a fan on it that's wired to pull air through the cooler & at the same time blow air at the engine might work ok but it would take some planning. I'd need to protect the cooler from branches & stuff though.

a stock stroke warrior has alot of torque but a stroke would build more if you want to try it go for it but bump the comp up and put a wed .390 in and you will have more torque with stock gearing then you know what to do with

do as you please im just not a fan of strokes because of the way i ride

I'd really have to talk to Greg about what he recommends for the 400/410 setup. Overall, real big bore setups prolly aren't ideal for guys who trail/woods ride alot. I'm beginning to think maybe a stroked setup like the Hotrods with a good cam, some head work & stuff might be a lil better for that type of riding. I guess once again it all comes down to what do ya wanna do with it? I have to be perfectly honest & say that I enjoy exploring new areas so I won't be running at speeds that move alot of air over the head all the time, however, I want it to pull like mad when it's time for that. Maybe a vertically mounted cooler in front of the engine with a fan on it that's wired to pull air through the cooler & at the same time blow air at the engine might work ok but it would take some planning. I'd need to protect the cooler from branches & stuff though.
x2 with a .430 cam youll have a torquey long lasting motor

Back