Yfm350 serious power build!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, I'd be lieing if I said I don't have the same thoughts, heck, I didn't even want a Warrior at 1st, I wanted a Z400 b/c I knew it was a better platform. I just kinda like the Warrior b/c it's classic, like an Old Camaro or Chevelle or Mustang, whatever your flavor. What do we do with old cars? We mod em, lol! Make em more powerful, handle better & brake more efficiently, same thing here. I guess maybe it appeals to me b/c I'm an old car car guy (old cars, not old guy,lol). I guess tinkering with & modding this Warrior is like restoring an old car for me. Having said that, the point of this thread isn't that there's more potential in another platform, I know that, so does everyone else. The point is to get some respectable power out of this classic powerplant a lil at a time man, just b/c it's classic!

Well...then do what you'd do to a V6 camaro and swap in a big block :) lol I agree I like the warrior as well, I just have a lot of mixed feelings on modding them that far and dumping so much money into them. Would it be awesome? Definitely! Worth it....questionable.

I love old cars as well! lol, I really want to get a 1963 Lincoln Continental.

Now that would be badass! A big block Chev on a Warrior, lol! Honestly, like I said man, 30-35hp & I'd be extremely happy! I'm thinkin a 10.5:1 (still a lil gunshy on the 12:1)366, a WebCams .430/.430, ported head with good valve job & maybe +1 valves & new springs. Still undecided on a carb, prolly the stocker for now. I just don't like the idea of a vacuum slide, that's kinda like vacuum operated 2ndaries in a 4 barrel carb & I prefer mechanical, lol! I really have been thinkin more seriously about the Edelbrock.

I can get race gas pretty easily.....I bet that would make a good bit more power over using pump gas by it self lol.

Yeah..... there is a 13:1 compression piston out there as well I think I've seen...lol Race gas is just expensive is the problem... I think like 15 a gallon over here for like 107 octane I think it is.

you can run a 12:1 without race gas but they normally say dont try it on a air cooled bike because it wont cool enought to keep from pre detination but heres my list of the ultimate std stroke/bore warrior motor setup

- 12:1 on race gas
- .430 cam powroll or web
- ported and polished head
- eather kibble white +1 valves or cv4 setup
- 38mm round slide carb (mikuni im bias)
- ported manifold to match the carb and head
- power now style throttle blade in the carb
- fmf header on yosh pipe
- dalton clutch basket
- driveline performance clutch pack and extra steal without cushin springs
- 14/40 gearing
- case saver (couldnt help it:evilface:)
- cv4 transmission smothing
- air ducts and cooling fan
- E3 spark plug
- AMR moster coil
- oil cooler with spal fan
- lightened flywheel with vitos degree key
- and adjustable cam gear
- and a rm stator high output cdi

i think that covers it all IMO thats the perfect warrior motor running around 35hp or more

A lot but after putting all thast in a list mine has all of that except 5 of those things on that list its around 2k if you have a pro do the headwork and all but if you hunted deals and such you should get it all done for around 1500 I you are handy with wrenches and have a lil sheat metal to work with

1500 wouldn't be that horrible......granted I wonder how fast it'd really be. That 500cc part list sounds interesting lol I've looked at it a few times. Sure is a big jump though, 150cc's bigger.

I seriously don't know how you would put the power to the ground....
with 500cc...or even 446cc.....
I will stick with my rev happy 378cc combo....much more tractable in my opinion.....and cheaper......

Jebby

A lot but after putting all thast in a list mine has all of that except 5 of those things on that list its around 2k if you have a pro do the headwork and all but if you hunted deals and such you should get it all done for around 1500 I you are handy with wrenches and have a lil sheat metal to work with
Sounds like a pretty awesome machine, I'd like to try that, some of it anyway, lol! Ya really think I can get by 12:1 on pump gas man? I can buy VP110 at my local Yammy shop in a 5gal can for like 55 bucks & mix it with 93, it'd still be roughy 101 octane but the wife would be pissed about payin that much for fuel, lol! Any links for how to build the air ducts? Are they just moving air towards an oil cooler or toward the cooling fins on the head? I'd like to see how some of this is done with the fan & what not. great post Weston!

I worte my addition to this thread wrong, since fixed it. I said 446, I wasn't talking abotu the kit. I meant to say swap in a 426 dirtbike engine. Like BryanQuad did.

I worte my addition to this thread wrong, since fixed it. I said 446, I wasn't talking abotu the kit. I meant to say swap in a 426 dirtbike engine. Like BryanQuad did.
ah maybe someday if i can get a roller and a yz for cheap. i was thinkin the yz450 motor with the 4 speed would be perfect but then i get to why not just get a yfz

ah maybe someday if i can get a roller and a yz for cheap. i was thinkin the yz450 motor with the 4 speed would be perfect but then i get to why not just get a yfz

My same thoughts.....and going the YFZ route you'd be a lot lighter as well.

My same thoughts.....and going the YFZ route you'd be a lot lighter as well.
eh not really the yz motor is a lot lighter so theyd be pretty similar. the only thing a yfz would be at advantage to is more aggresive ergonomics, longer travel and more aftermarket following but id make my own parts eventually anyway

Older YFZ's seem to go pretty cheap out here, I don't know. I still kind of want to get a shee to build lol.

put a yz250 2stroke in a warrior. hell even an old yz490 motor would be killer. the warrior frame has plenty of room in it for a motor swap.

Latest posts

Back