Yfm350 serious power build!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eh i dont see whats so good about the edel but with some carbs youll have to modify for a thumb throttle or use a twist

Hey, flippin through Dennis Kirk it looks like they also have the 38mm KeihinPE series kit. It's got the DG name but we know what it is. For simplicity of install & what not, ya think this one is ok? It doesn't mention having a pump.

The Edle is one of the better carbs, but ill tell you this its a mother F$$K to tune. If i had to do it again i would go with the 37mm FCR.

Got a lil off base with carb talk but I guess that's all part of it. Anyone have flow data for the head on one of these engines, I saw a post somewhere that was supposed to have it but the link to the info was dead. Also, anybody ever ported one of these too big? Somehow I doubt that it's possible & I'd imagine that as long as the valve job doesn't get ruined & the short side radius is left mostly untouched it's hard to hurt this thing.

The Edle is one of the better carbs, but ill tell you this its a mother F$$K to tune. If i had to do it again i would go with the 37mm FCR.

The FCR sounds like a good choice man, I just have to admitt my ignorance & say I'm uncertain as to what is necessary to make it work as far as cables, intake manifold & hooking into the air box. I may try a search & see what I can find, I only have web on my phone so it's a tad more difficult to search sometimes.

I'd like info on putting an fcr on the warrior too, what are you guys doing about the tps these carbs have.

I figured you could get a YFM350 motor up over 50hp. Not sure how long it would last... but its possible...

quick and easy, swap in a YZ426F and add a light kit. DONE!

Other then that when you mess with the to the extream you make them weak. Its common for us to say 366 is the biggest and best way to go and still keep you reliability. Bigger then that then your playin with fire. If you want a fast and killer warrior, hybrid is your best option. I love the warriors look and geometry (yeah im a little off) so to get the engine where I need it to be, a 426 is the rout I'm going to take.......evenchually.

Okay, here is how I figure that.
Custom Drag Exhaust
No Air Box, Clamp On K&N
HotRods +7mm Crank
HotRods +1mm Piston
Head Porting
Oil Cooler
DynaTek CDI
Edel Carb
Stage 2 Cam
20 Shot N2o...

Believe me, I do want to get myself a 700R, eventually I wanna have the Warrior for the wife & the 700 for myself. In the mean time this old heap is what I have to work with, lol! Actually I really like the Warrior, I have alot of fun with it & I'd be tickled to get 30-35hp out of it, power is my only gripe with the machine. If putting a 700 engine on it were simple I think it would be a badass hybrid! Don't know how hard it'd be to get it all to fit & work.

Problem is you'll spend more on all these mods then it would cost to just buy a used 660 or 700.

Very true! For what I have into my 350, is almost as much as what my 700R cost.

True man but that's not exactly the point of the thread. Most people don't just up & spend a couple grand in a build at a time either bud. I also doubt that you can pick up a decent used 700 for less than 2 grand, a 660 yeah, I've seen those but I wouldn't just "settle" for the 660 when I know the 700 is so much better. Contadictory b/c I(we) have Warriors or Raptor 350's kinda, but I gave $800 for my machine, that's a far cry from what a new or even slightly used 700 costs. It's also kinda fun just to see how much I can actually get out of the lowly Warrior powerplant. I already know the 700 has 40+hp & I'd have a hoot w/that, I just don't have the cash for that. Also some of the fun of this is my cousin havin a Blasty so we have some fun competition with one another & these are our toys, he's broke too so some 2nd hand parts come into play. If I just went out & bought a 700 that would take alot of the fun outta this. Hope ya see the point, not bein a dick.-James

Well if you're putting in a 446 stroker kit, I guarantee you could of sold your warrior and used that money to buy a 700, especially around here. Machining of the jug and case are pricey, as well as the other upgrades you have to do along with it. Then there is the fact the engines are air cooled and longevity of the engine is going to go way way down. Honestly it just doesn't make much sense to dump too much money into these....the whole point of a warrior is cheap parts and reliability. I agree I'm tempted to dump some serious coin into mine and see what can be done....but then I sit down and figure out what it would all cost and then I start looking at other platforms.

Latest posts

Back