YFM350 OH/PA Trail Ride

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well thats alittle too far for me, (rock run) my truck is pushing 210 thousand miles what about Mines $ Meadows or Wellsville

^ I though about Wellsville but I wanted to pick a middle grounds. Whats the drive for most people to Wellsville Ohio, 43968? Who can make that trip. Camping would be free and we can all stay at my camp ground.

id bee down for the ville,im kinda in the same boat as hecker.map quest said 176 miles to rockrun.one way.

yeesh 6 hours one way for me.. thats kinda far on my 12mpg beast

I'm looking at 195miles from my house and on my 10.5mpgs my truck gets ya'll can do the math. Heaven forbid you guys have to put some miles on your truck to get to ride a new spot and hang out with like minded people. Hecker and Token, if we organize this right and split gas costs I can tow us all there and back. That is if we all decide to go to one "middle grounds" location.

Wellsville is about 45 mins for me. Mines and Medows is about 20 mins. IF we ride in sPA I need to get some ins.

242 miles for me... if N-Gin is down maybe we can piggyback and split gas $$

***the OP has me in PA, but im in OH... ;D

wellsville is about 4 hours from my college and and about 2.5 hours from home. it would be a toss up if i would be able to make it or not.

Rock Run is looking like about a 160 mile/3 hour trip for me one way. That's a little far of a trip than I would like to make in my worn out truck with no a/c, but in october that shouldn't be a big deal as long as the truck makes it, so i'm still considering it. I'll be taking 22 and 322 most of the way up, so if anyone lives near that route we could probably meet up somewhere to save on fuel. My truck has an 8' bed and I have an aluminum atv trailer that holds 2 quads as well.

Has anybody actually been to this place before?

I think it could be a damn good time for all. I tend to be more of a fast aggressive rider than a slow trail rider, but I can ride difficult technical trails all day and not get bored, I like challenges. It looks like they have enough of that to keep me happy, I'm the one that tries to go places on my sport quad that the 4x4's get stuck in. No alcohol on their property though, even at the campsites from what it looks like, that kinda sucks. We used to have 3 day trips at paragon and they could care less if we were shitfaced the whole time as long as we weren't riding while we were in that condition.

The first thing on Rock Run's website that I see is Fisher's ATV World reunion, that made me chuckle a little bit. I don't know how many of you have seen his tv show before, but my dad bought me my first atv from Brian Fisher in 2000, when he just owned the little powersports shop 5 minutes from my house. I still see him around town every once in a while. I can't beleive this show has stayed on the air for so long, I can't beleive that there are really that many people that watch it and it's not that exciting to watch most of the time. Him and mostly his crew used to be nuts back in the day, taking grizzlys to the mx track and knocking out tabletops and doubles.

yea i didnt know brian fisher personally but i know his shop, and now the shop is called anderson's. i actually bought my headlights there after my friend hit a dog on my warrior and it rolled (long storry and $200 dollars later). but yea it is pretty neat though for a guy to go that far for a sport like this.

Travis Sanderson owns it now, I find myself down at that place pretty frequently ordering parts or just shootin the ****. They really know their stuff down there, they've built some wicked warriors and other strange creations. That's where I bought the warrior too. Over last winter business was slow and as they were sitting around the shop they looked at a Honda Odyssey with a blown engine, a wrecked Ninja 500, and extended a-arms and shocks from a 250r, and combined the 3 together to create a very clean 500cc mini dune buggy. He's also got a Duramax powered CJ5 and a Cummins powered Ram that will take a sports car in a drag race while trailering an excavator, his toys are next level ****.

Last time I checked Brian Fisher still lives in the farm house across the road from the shop, so I guess he's still down to earth after his relative success.

I read a review on rock run and theres a reason why it has theat name. Real good for cruisen on a 4x4 but kinda rough on sport models plus there are a buch of rules and regs to follow. check out rockruns web site for all there details.

i'm willing to drive about 6 good hours! At about 75mph that should put me pretty close to the ohio/pa border providing i dont have to go that far north. i'll drive further if i can get a least a four day camp out or something. what ever gets decided on i trust you guys on a spot cause anything out there is gotta be like heaven compared to my city spots.

anyting new or good about the trip yet? just wondering.October is coming fast. ;)

im down.. im kinda new to this still and the hills i seen on youtube are kinda freaky.. can i get a yellow safety vest or somethign to wear... maybe a orange flag? ;)

I got some "HUNTER ORANGE"you can wear,or better yet maybe one of them triangles for tractors. ;D ;D ;D
Really; you should be fine.not all the trails are like that.

UPDATE!!!! The people listed in the first post have at one point agreed to go. SO now its time to vote. If you vote for other then post it up and hopefully soon (sometime this month) we can organize this event to actually go down. I'd be cool if we could get all 11 of us to actually go and make an event of this!

Vote twice. One for the place and one for the date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back