What did you do to your quad today?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a huge jet, get 145 main 42.5 pilot. I dont see why you would need the jetting to be that rich. Ive tried 150 and 155 mains and its to rich.

Thats what I was told to start with.

Who told you that? If it was someone at a shop id bring the jets in (if bought there) and make them give you your money back or different jets. Id guess the biggest you'll need is a 147.5 you might even be good with the stock jetting. Im running stock jets with a pod filter directly on the carb and procircuit pipe, cam and vitos key.

Ran over what I thought was just a bramble bush last night in the dark got cought up in it and killed the bike (hell no not getting off in freaking thorns) so I turned her back on revved it up dumped the clutch and pulled a huge rusty chunk of fence out of the ground drove 10 foot it rapped about 10 feet worth of barbed wire thorn bush and panel fence around my back axel and tire
20 mins and a pair of wire cutters some bloody fingers and a few choice words later I was riding again

Didn't you pick my brain about the FCR?? Having a hard time remembering. lol. What is your intake set up? Cam? Port work?

then that changes everything I think I'm running a 180ish something main
so your in the right ballpark
and #5 is still a tad on the rich side but works great through the summer

I don't remember either. I do recall picking ur brain about the tear down on the motor. Intake set up is the stock intake with carb side ground down to be round with reducer hose. S1HC And no port work yet.

I didn't wanna run it close to lean due to breaking in top end and cam.

I think my needle is set on 3rd notch also.

so I just pulled out of my junk drawer the main and pilot jets I started out with in the FCR on #5 and the pilot was a 52 and the main is a 185 now I can't for the life of me remember if I down sized a size or 2 on each or went up but if my memory serves me right I believe I had to bump up a size because it was running extremely lean
I think I'm running a 188 main and not sure on the pilot and I think I have the needle clip all the way up
but I might get a bug up my ass and have a look see in my carb in morning and I'll get back to you derheim on what jets and needle setting I have #5's FCR at and that should give you a close proximity of where to start
but you should be pretty close if it's a tad on the rich side change out the stock spark plug with a DR8EIX ngk Iridium IX and that plug will lean it out probably just enough to perfect

also have you checked your plug to see if it's rich or lean?

Last edited:
Back