Warrior/Raptor 350 Oil cooling

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to put the oil cooler on this weekend and I have one question. On the cover from the engine which is the return line and which is the out line?

For a clutch cover tap or the big bear adapter? And it doesn't matter for an oil cooler anyways, they flow in both directions the same.

I don't know for sure. I THINK the upper fitting is out and the lower one is the return. It doesn't make a difference though.

Direction of flow doesn't matter, the only thing that does is making sure the barbed fittings face skyward so oil is kept in it when the motor is off. That will ensure that it runs oil to the rest of the system quicker during cold starts.

Direction of flow doesn't matter, the only thing that does is making sure the barbed fittings face skyward so oil is kept in it when the motor is off. That will ensure that it runs oil to the rest of the system quicker during cold starts.

Wont really matter though because the big bear setup only uses "extra" oil and isnt directly in line with any galley; still better to have it facing up though.

I installed the oil cooler yesterday. Went on really well. Had some problems with leaking at the cover. Looks good. I painted the big big parts Ford Blue. Thanks for the information DeathShadow on this mod.

Here is my hayden cooler mounted on my 05.......and before u say anything about the lines pointing down......the cooler only uses "extra" oil........its not gonna keep oil from the motor on cold starts. ;D

Do you have to get the cooler from a 95 or can you get it from say, a 98 350 big bear? I ask this cause I may know someone who is parting out a 98.

Ok i have the tutorial from bluetraxx forum on this printed out...anyone who has done this have you had any probs ...and can ya tell a good difference when this mod was done??

I am rebuilding the top end with

wisesco 10:1 .o20 bore
kibblewhite springs
.430" webcam...and new valves

How much will it help if i do this mod ?

......anyone who has done this have you had any probs ...and can ya tell a good difference when this mod was done??....How much will it help if i do this mod ?

I haven't heard of anyone having problems from adding the oil cooler.

Besides the obvious benefits of oile cooling, at the very least you can expect longer oil life and smoother shifting.

That'll make a big difference if your running the web race cam, you'll be high revin quite a bit.

Can anyone show me a picture of how the lines get modded to the actual engine cover?
If you need someplace to send information, please send it to:

[email protected]

Thanks,

22Driver

Can anyone show me a picture of how the lines get modded to the actual engine cover?
If you need someplace to send information, please send it to:

[email protected]

Thanks,

22Driver

Do you mean like on the side of the stator ( w/e its called )cover, or like the adaptor on where the oil filter is?

Latest posts

Back