Warrior/Raptor 350 Oil cooling

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He means the clutch cover method, i think he means he wants to see pics on how the lines are attached.

~Eddie

Yes, I want to see how the lines attach to the clutch cover(sorry I said engine cover). Like the picture of the big bear with the two lines attached to the filter cover. I would like to see a picture of how people are doing this WITHOUT drilling into the clutch cover.

Thanks,

22Driver

The only way that I know of that you dont drill is with the big bear setup. Otherwise you'll have to drill 2 holes in the clutch cover for the hoses..

Using liquid steel block off the space(oil galley) between the 2 holes by forcing it in the top hole. Use a small screwdriver or something. Let it cure for however long it needs to.

What is the oil galley and why do you need to put liquid steel between the two holes.

The oil goes through the oil galley..........Its molded into the case.....

Its like a tube. If ya just drill the holes for the lines ,the oil isnt going to want to just go through them.
When you put the liquid steel in there , You actually blocks the tube between the 2 holes.
Forcing the oil to go out to the line you put in and back in through the other one.

So where does the oil enter the galley through? and what is its purpose?

Sorry, but I'm really considering this mod and I'm having a hard time figuring out some of the more complicated things (neone can tap a few holes and run lines for the cooler, I just want it to function properly) I appreciate any help I can get.

I just finished up the Big Bear cooler install today. It was a piece of cake to do and seems to work well. I can't wait to get it out and really heat it up to see how it does....

I'm getting ready to order the parts for my 03 warroir (95 big bear parts) Is there anything new to add ? And will all the parts work on my 03 warrior ?

Here is the clutch cover method, got it from FST 4 years ago, before I knew about the Big Bear setup.
Picture021.jpg

I'm getting ready to order and install my parts for the oil cooler. What is the plate adaptor for? From the looks of all your pics I don't see a plate adaptor on any of your warriors. And I bought my oil cooler from Auto Zone and it is longer and wider and can't get it under my hood. The hood mounts are in the way but if I trim off some of the fins from each side it will fit. Will it hurt the cooler if I trim the fins?

You need the adapter spacer. Anybody with the big bear adapter is using one, otherwise they wouldn't have any room for an oil filter. And no, it's not going to hurt anything to trim some of the fins on the cooler, just as long as you leave the oil lines intact.

thanks much this information really helped me out lol

and im hoping ill notice a big differece casue im sick of the pop into netural thing...all my freinds think i just cant shift or use a clucth lol......it also got me and my freind into a wreck when he came up right behind me expecting me to be topd in 4th when actully it just popd into netural at 3rd lol

thanks again

I'am looking for help. I put oil cooler on and ran the oil lines down at the end where the oil hose connects to the brass fittings they are both leaking oil. The oil is leaking from the hose not the brass fitting. And I have put two clamps on both hoses and they still leak. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Are you sure you have the right size hose and fittings? How much oil is leaking? Like a fountain, a few drips, or just a little bit seeping through?

Like yamarider said plus make sure you used barbed fittings, and they went on semi tight, mine don't leak at all, and I only have one clamp per line, also if the line is streched (to short) that little pressure could cause a leak too.

Back