Warrior Frame up Build

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeap im loving the paint too... i painted my frame the same color last year... my a-arms are rustoleum metallic gray tho

thanks everyone lol By the way has anyone ever used rattle can clear coat with any luck? and if so what kind? I'm almost affraid to do it because if i need to touch up the paint it might look strange if i paint over a clear coat in some areas?

anyways, just got my valves from powroll... really pissed because I was charged 58 bucks by the shipping company. Powroll said I ordered ups when I'm pretty much 100% sure I ordered through usps (cuz I'm in canada I always go through usps) so WTF! Guess that makes my valves worth 80 bucks each now..... :( I wanted to use that money for deadlast's stock polished rims

i've tried a couple different rattle clear coats with little to no success. they always look cloudy and rough.

Used Armor Coat paint & clear on my frame turned out good,got it at
Canadian Tire.

I think there are only three or four of us on here regularly,where abouts are you?

I'm in Wakefield Quebec, about 20 minutes north of Ottawa
picked up my automotive laquer clear coat paint today but it's raining :(
Gonna have to apply it another day. This thing is gonna look good. Expect a rolling chassis by next week people

Wow, I came so close to putting a laquer clear coat on my paint but then did some research and I'll warn you guys who might be thinking of painting their bike or whatever they are doing.
Lacquers literally "dry" -- the solvent evaporates. For this reason, lacquers will re-dissolve in their original solvent. By comparison, enamels "cure" by chemical reaction. If you apply lacquer thinner to a lacquer paint job, the paint will become a liquid again. Other solvents can have the same effect (ex. gas, oil, etc...). Lacquers also have minimal UV protection. Lacquers are also "hot" when applied and often attack existing enamel paints, even well cured factory paint.

While you can paint over a lacquer paint job, the lacquer would likely be the weak part of the paint job.

So it's a good thing I found this out. Thought I would put this one out to warn other people too

When I painted mine I tested it on the old factory engine skid,
let the new paint dry for a day or two then applied the clear coat.
Turned out great and really brought out the colour.
I get up that way a couple times a year,sister in Montreal and nephew in Ottawa.

yeah lol. It's really rocky around here for riding (good old canadian shield) lol idk what it's like in new brunswick. I went there a few years back on vacation

So here is the superman warrior so far lol...

IMG_2581Small.jpg

IMG_2574Small.jpg

IMG_2569Small.jpg

Back