truck, mods and tires

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But you get to see what a truck is made of with towing. Nothing better then hauling 9tons and sacking people on hills. My truck wasn't made to go off road anyway. It was made to work it's ass off doing what them little jap trucks can't;p

4wheeling lets you find the weak points on a vehicle. i've had 2500 pounds in and behind my yoter and it did just fine considering it has all of 90hp

It finds different weak points, just like towing finds it's own. For every mile towing you can multiply it by 2.

eh i use my truck differently than you and i need different style of tire for my propose and the simple fact of the matter is firestone sucks and i wouldn't put em on my john deere gator. haha. buzz you'll be happy with the trail grappler MTs

We're all gonna have different opinions on this. Ask 10 mechanics about oil,.you'll get 10 different opinions. Same with spark plugs and tires. I personally really like the BFG all terrain, I've seen many sets go 60,000 miles and they're excellent All Terrain tires. Yeah, they suck when you have to align or balancethem b/c of the rimy guards but overall great tire. Love the way they look too.

Last edited:
I wouldn't use the Firestones for pure off road. That's not what they are made for. Of all the tires I've tried they are the ones that have lasted. I got 40k out of my last set. Could have gotten a few more thousand out of them, but I don't like riding around on bologna skins. Many of my friends with duallys are running them.

Castrol Syntec, NGK plugs, Hastings filters, Moog steering/suspension parts, Raybestos cerramic pads,

this is my bro's YJ at the moment; the tires on there are just the roll it around tires lol
300929_421357707936899_221279863_n.jpg

Valvoline dino oil, wix filters, ngk plugs, moog suspention, wagner pads. Lol. To each there own! Hey pat, who supplies the parts for your shop?

Last edited:
We get nearly all our stuff from Fisher AP. Then it's Car Quest, last Napa. We don't even use Advanced. They suck! I'm not a Ford guy, but I THINK they use the standard 3/8 stud size. Do a google search, or go to Comp's website and look into it there.

Just started stocking it at my store. Its good stuff. Not lifetime warr but some of it is as good or better than moog

moog ball joints and such, fram filter oil filters, wix or toyota on toyotas. auto zone brakes because they're warranty is ******* AWESOME

any one have input on 1.7 ratio rockers? the stud size i need?

i dont like swapping from the factory ration unless it's gonna be a hell of a high performance engine... i'm even gonna run the factory 1.5 ratio on my chevy and make 500horse. buy the right cam and you dont need aftermarket ratio on the rockers... infact you'll make more power achieving your desired lift with the cam verses the rockers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back