truck, mods and tires

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm probably gonna run some nitto trail grappler 35's on the yoter when it's all said and done

I'm not one for offroad tires. I keep my truck on assfalt where the real work is. But, being a mechanic I can say, DON"T GET THE BFG ALL TERRIAN TAs! They do not last for ****! Get the nitto trial or terra graplers. Not too badly priced and they do last, like WG said. Best tire for someone that is on the road/off the road. If you are someone that does most of their driving on the road, and a fair portion off road, I've found the Firestone Transforce AT or HT to be the best all around truck tire. Especially if you haul and tow a lot like I do. We had a foot of snow in 2010 and I went everywhere in 2wd. And my truck's assend is very light with the 8.1 and allison weighing the front end down. All other tires I've had on it I've needed 4wd.

they are a bit worn down... but here is a shot of my jeep with the Dakota A/T
only has a 2 in

150634_10151265182343073_254666796_n.jpg

306590_10150697187768073_932428018_n.jpg

awesome snow tire
168492_491301151225_4355191_n.jpg

old pic but here is my YJ with the BFG mud

574568_10151070930993073_248210387_n.jpg

I hate BFGs! Have to let all the air out of the tires for me to mount my alignment sensors on them! Stupid rim guard. I can usually get the sensors on other tires with rim guard, but not those piles.

BFG makes a good tire. When I was wrenching for a living a lot of people in town ran em. I just dont like running what everyone else is running and Ive always been a cooper guy.

Micky Thompsons are out of my price range. I've eatin BFG, Kuhmo, Cooper, Jetson, Dayton and a few others. Best tire I've found is the Firestone Transfocre for an everyday and towing tire.

im going to shoot for the nitto trail grapplers, hey does any one know the rocker stud size in a 96 351h? ive been looking at 1.7 ratio rockers

i've never had luck out of a firestone... side walls are to soft! i always end up cutting the side wall out. but they again i use the 4wd in my truck as and actual 4wd! not just pussy footing around with towing

But you get to see what a truck is made of with towing. Nothing better then hauling 9tons and sacking people on hills. My truck wasn't made to go off road anyway. It was made to work it's ass off doing what them little jap trucks can't;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back