truck, mods and tires

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzy613

Reaction score
im in need of some new meats on my 96 f-250 with 5.8l straight true dual exhaust. i've been looking at 33" tires for 16in rims, also im saving my money for some goodies like headers and rockers or a cam, WG im calling out your expertice and all you other guys also help me out! i want an aggressive type tire also:evilface:

I run the Definity Dekota (used to be defender) A/T tires on my jeep. I have a 2 in lift so I only run 30's. they are the pep boys but 3 get 1 free tires. They have the same lug pattern as the BFG a/t tires. I love them! Got 68,000 out of my last set, no road noise and they are great off trail, snow, and deep mud. The water traction is very. Good as well. They also come in a mud terain but I did not need something that aggressive. I personally love this tire. Getting a new set this month as well. I can post some pics of my jeep when I am at a pc and not on my phone

How much are those for a set of 4 i bought the wrangler radial for my blazer but wish i wouldve just spent more and got something more aggressive. My dads got the duratraks on his zr2

jrk thats what i want this truck is my all around play, work,and dd truck and 33's i found i can make it just about any were ut i put my stockers back on and they suck i cant make it out of my yard i had to put it in 4 wheel drive ant rock it back and forth to get going

I actauly got the truck cuz they couldnt finance me for the Black 98 Z71 i wanted, first time buyers thing would only do a brand new truck and couldnt aford the payment on a new Z71 so i had to go smaller and thought well in afew years this one will still look newer style cuz hell all the Extremes look the same!!! But its cool ill have a Grone-up truck one day hahaha.

If you want super aggressive look at dick cepek crushers or mud country. The crushers are basically radial boggers. I am a big fan of bfg. The km2 mt are the most aggressive, but the at are civilized and still decent off road. The defender at are the same thing as the bfg at, just wear a little faster. Just remember a really aggressive tire will be really loud.

i dont want a really aggresive tire i want an agressive tire that will throw mud snow and water but still have a good wear rate on the road

Buy Toyo Open Country AT. That what I run. They get the powerstroke where ever it needs to go. Oh and they wear like iron. A little pricey though.

When I say really aggressive I mean interco, pit bull, dc, etc.... I haven't seen a really good off road tire that doesn't have at least a little whine/ roar. A guy who lives up the road from me has boggers on a samurai and you can hear the roar for a good 1/4 mi. I guess those are about as noisy as it gets though.

I don't think you can beat a bfg at or one of the clones for what your looking for.

When I say really aggressive I mean interco, pit bull, dc, etc.... I haven't seen a really good off road tire that doesn't have at least a little whine/ roar. A guy who lives up the road from me has boggers on a samurai and you can hear the roar for a good 1/4 mi. I guess those are about as noisy as it gets though.

I don't think you can beat a bfg at or one of the clones for what your looking for.

Yep i had a tracker on a set of swampers, beat the hell out of you and could be heard comin

I had a set of 33" Boggers on a lifted S-10 I used to have. It sounded like a fricken helicopter come'n down the road.. lol

i dont have money for the 4 in lift and 3 in body, i could go with an 6 in and put 52's on it but then the gear ratio and axels i will have to swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back