the new ride ;)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just won a carb on ebay for $10 shipped! haha it's a 750cfm with electric choke and all :) (sorry midway). ordered new wheel cylinders for all 4 wheels, brake shoes for the front, all 24 lug studs (like 10 are broke off :p), spark plug wires, special intake bolts (damn aluminum intake), distributor advance weight kit, and intake gaskets :) pleanty of work to do for about 3 days haha

Even though it's cool to keep certain OE equiptment on a classic. I'd upgrade to front disc. But, whatever floats your boat.

oh i will at some point :p more important things at the moment... like engine, 4speed manual, body work :p

I'm swapping a 74 nova sub into my 49 gmc this winter. Was going to stick with the factory I beam, but I'll own the sub for nothing. Get ifs and disc in one shot. And it'll stay all GM. No mustang II bullshit!

lol thats one thing i love about my model trucks... IFS and disc drake swaps for dirt cheap!
and i LOVE the coil spring trailing arm rear ends

Ya know... you're just becoming more and more sexy with every reply. Glad there is someone out there besides me that likes the coil/trailing arm rears of the 1960-1972 trucks. I have good ole leafs in mine still. Thinking about the coil/trailing arm set up. Making my own traction bars for it anyway. My dad and I have come to the conclusion that we are going for atleast 500horse on my build. I'm doing a total resto, and have nothing but **** smog heads on my engines anyway. Might as well get the money together for some nice aluminum heads and run a hyd roller cam, and go all out. Or atleast as all out as my pocket will let me! lol

They still make disc kits for the I beam trucks. But, when you consider that people have been sawpping the nova subs into these trucks for decades, and I own the whole nova for 250, it's kinda stupid not too. Gives me everything I need at minimal cost; ifs, disc, and v8 motor mounts. Hardest part will be getting the ride height I want. I hate lowered trucks.

You putting a muncie in yours? Hyd or Z bar clutch?

muncie or saginaw either one. and i'm doing z-bar IF i can find all the parts needed cheap enough

Show up at the Hatfield-Mccoy trails Labor Day weekend, and I'll load it in the back of your truck. Lol. Hell, bring a bike and throw roost while your there. Be 6 hours closer! Haha

<-- not a happy camper. they posted the wrong numbers on the Q-jet i bought... turns out it's a electronic carb :( hopefully it's not a full electronic carb and i can still use it

That sucks... I hate when dumb **** happens. Just got the 74 nova back to the shop this afternoon. Was going to get it ourselves, but decided to call our wrecker service instead. After a day of work, we felt it was worth the local tow charge instead of fighting with it. Which would be our luck. So after a 40 min round trip we get it back, pop the hood to take a look, the throttle plate wasn't stuck nor was the choke flap. Figured hell, lets try it. Hooked up both the jump box, and the jumper cables (from our nissan hardbody) to the long dead battery, and she cranked. Poured some gas in the carb and BANG off to the races! Started and died, poured more, started and died, poured more, etc etc... Finally the fuel pump built pressure and she ran on the 10 year old rotten gas in the tank. Ran near perfect except for an occasional pop from the bad gas. So we're stoaked! Have a great donor car!

Back