the new ride ;)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but you don't want it to look like every other late 60's early 70's chevy truck out there you gotta do a one off paint job and make it your own not like everyone else's

Yeah they can be difficult to 2 tone. Unless you do the rear fenders and roof a different color than the rest of the truck. Btw, I remember telling you about the 327 crank being in the 307. I forgot that all those cranks are cast units. So I don't know how much power you'd want to make with it in a 350 block.

Yeah they can be difficult to 2 tone. Unless you do the rear fenders and roof a different color than the rest of the truck. Btw, I remember telling you about the 327 crank being in the 307. I forgot that all those cranks are cast units. So I don't know how much power you'd want to make with it in a 350 block.

An LS motor is the only way to go these days.
Running an old SBC is kinda dumb when you think of the added power, and the option of fuel injection with the LS motors...
Not to mention you can pick up a complete 5.3, or 6.0 truck motor at most junk yards for around $500.. Some of them even had aluminum blocks.

PS.. 307's where the worst motor GM made. :tdown:

Oh hell yeah the 307 was total crap! No power and shitty smog heads that crack. But, they do have a 327 crank in them. So if someone wants to build a 327 using that crank you can. As for the ls engines, they are great, but I like old school. Dealing with the wiring and sometimes the cost of it, is not what I want to bother with. If I were made of money I may go for an ls. But it's not that expensive to build small blocks, and is all I need for a street truck.

Actually man.. We just built a stout 364 ls. Cast block, and stock heads. It cost us just over a $1100 to rebuild the whole thing. And with the cam we added, and the LSX intake it should make around 410hp. (if not more?)

Lets see you get that out of a oldschool small block for $1600 bucks. HA!!

Last edited:
350's are a dime a dozen and aftermarket **** is so easy to find a caveman can do it one of the best and easiest motors to build up imo

[QUOTE
Lets see you get that out of a oldschool small block for $1600 bucks. HA!![/QUOTE]

Sure I can. My dad was getting close to that back in the mid 70's with very little money for the few performance parts that were availible. They certainly didn't have the **** we have today. Besides I already own 2 350s and a 327 for about nothing. Have a 4 speed saginaw, th400, and th350 for about the same, too. Don't get me wrong, I like the 6.0, but like my 8.1 better.

An LS motor is the only way to go these days.
Running an old SBC is kinda dumb when you think of the added power, and the option of fuel injection with the LS motors...
Not to mention you can pick up a complete 5.3, or 6.0 truck motor at most junk yards for around $500.. Some of them even had aluminum blocks.

PS.. 307's where the worst motor GM made. :tdown:

Why would you **** up an old nice original truck by puttin a ls in it? Now THAT is dumb! Fuel injection sucks! If I wanted electronic **** ****** up on me all the time I'd buy a new truck. Old SBC is the only way to go! My 350 dynos at almost 430hp the trick to old SBC knowing what works best together. I'll never put fuel injection in a classic

Damn I like you! ^^^. The small block was the best engine they ever made. I like the ls engines, they are damn good, however, I am not as impressed with them as with the small blocks. You can get very good usable power out of a small block for the street without going broke. And they can handle monster power numbers for drag racing... best engine ever made.

haha damn straight. now the 307 is the shittiest small block made. BUT what i LOVE about chevy is the fact that just about every part from any small block excluding the 400 will interchange! given the right crank journal size.

Just another reason why they are the best. And if you wanna run a small journal crank in a large journel block, you can get the undersized bearing for it to fit, if I remember right. Hard to find a 4 bolt main 400 though. Torque out the ass! Parts swapping is fun with these engines. Just doesn't get old! Btw, showed the pic of your truck to my dad. Got a feeling he's jelous. Looks like a steel for 1500. Anything that price is usually a chassis and a rusted out shell.

Damn I like you! ^^^. The small block was the best engine they ever made. I like the ls engines, they are damn good, however, I am not as impressed with them as with the small blocks. You can get very good usable power out of a small block for the street without going broke. And they can handle monster power numbers for drag racing... best engine ever made.
Your definately right about the small block being the best engine ever!!!! I got my machine work and assembly in trade for a paint job I did, but I have less than $1200 in the 327 in my '65 malibu SS and its putting 350plus horsepower to the pavement! Plus they will bolt up to any GM tranny you want to put behind them.

65 malibu ss... very nice car. Pics! I can't wait to start the build on my 49 gmc. Or my dad's 59 apache, which we'll start 1st.

I have been stuck in a paintbooth for the last 25 years so I'm not real proficent with the computer. I have to get one of my kids to help me get the pics from my phone to the computer. It is killing me to not have pics of my warrior up here to see what you guys and gals think.

Back