sparkplug at track!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That D7EA is the wrong heat range plug. You are either running way rich or burning a little oil or both. And yes I would say that would cause it to cut out.

Cody you need a DR8EA or D8EA NGK and yes you are burning oil and running really rich

and the D7EA worked really good in it, it didnt have the problem after i put the D7EA back in, i wonder why?

what do you guys think, time for a top end rebuild?
You might be able to hone it and put new rings in it.

As for the plug, the D7EA is a cooler heat range than what Yamaha puts in them. That could be causing some issues and making the plug fuel foul. It may not be oil baked on there. If you have run the plug for a long time between changes, it could just be soot from unburnt fuel. I would jet it down a size or two and see how the plug looks after that. You need to put a new plug in or glass bead the used one before re-installing it. It's impossible to read a re-used plug because that crap usually won't burn off.

Last edited:
You might be able to hone it and put new rings in it.

As for the plug, the D7EA is a cooler heat range than what Yamaha puts in them. That could be causing some issues and making the plug fuel foul. It may not be oil baked on there. If you have run the plug for a long time between changes, it could just be soot from unburnt fuel. I would jet it down a size or two and see how the plug looks after that. You need to put a new plug in or glass bead the used one before re-installing it. It's impossible to read a re-used plug because that crap usually won't burn off.

The DR8EA was the one with all the soot on it, and my jetting is at 145 (stock)

yea it probably is because i checked my oil when i was there and it looked a little low. could it be the valve seals? and what do the valve seals do and where are they located on the warrior?

there isn't that much smoke when your riding it though my buddy's smokes like a bitch and his plug is just black not anything like yours

bad valve seals will make it smoke on start up and cold but as soon as she warms up the smoking stops or lessens

that's why I'd steer towards valve seals but you mine as well do the rings and a hone while your in there

Back