Show off your other projects

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remembered, Horsepower TV did an AMC 360 build using everything I stated above, with the exception of a custom ground COMP solid lifter cam and the use of an Edel Torker2 intake, with a Summit 750cfm carb. It made 477hp on the dyno.

Just remembered, Horsepower TV did an AMC 360 build using everything I stated above, with the exception of a custom ground COMP solid lifter cam and the use of an Edel Torker2 intake, with a Summit 750cfm carb. It made 477hp on the dyno.

They also did a 2.3 carb build with Esslinger for a roundy-round car.

They have some neat stuff on there. Highly doubt most of the guys on any of those Powerblock shows has actually had to turn a wrench for a living. But, neat nonetheless. Don't watch it too often.

Ok ill calm down. I've seen a quite a few built 4.3 s10s at the track over the years and there nasty. Sound like a built small block v8 at idle but when there on it have there own noise should I say. You doing a 2.8 r 4.3

Yep the do sound like a v8 at idle but sound a lot different when revved. And yes I will be building the 4.3

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

They are a small block with 2 cylinders chopped off.

I'm going to rock the 232 I6 in my Javelin for a while. That way I can get to enjoy my car while I build the 360 for it. Nothing worse then a perpetual project that you never get to enjoy. Will install an Offy intake, 450cfm Holey, convert the dist to electronic, make my own dual headers, and probably through in a cam and lifter kit from Isky.

You pretty much hit it on the head there pat. This car will be certified for 8.50s, everything is over kill, I had a bullet prof th400 built to hold over 1500hp with trans brake sfi bell on it the works, same goes with the rear it's a 8.8-9" hiybrid mosser 35 spline full spool with 9" ends. So the motor will be disposable I've got 4 5.3-4.8s in the shed out back. I'm gonna run carb and some juice for a while than ill have to change the rear gear and get converter re stalled and go efi turbo prob around 88mm single should be able to put down 800+ hp enough to make you poop you self lol.

OOOO!! Boost! Finally a bit of this v8 talk I understand!!

Huge import fan here. V8s are for overcompensating... Boost, now that's something I can get down with.

here is last weeks project harbor fright motor swap, I love it get that old flat head off this thing! 95$ with coupon, just picked this boat up for crabbing and bow fishing this year I just got the transom done was rotted

Huge import fan here. V8s are for overcompensating... Boost, now that's something I can get down with.

Not really. A v8 is for those who don't want the hassle of turbocharging, or have the money for a supercharger. Not that I don't see the benefits of turbo, or, supercharging. It's just not for me at this time. If I was to build a car for the track only, then, yeah, I may just do a forced induction system on it. But, for street use, I'm more then happy to stick with a v8:tup:. There are AMC guys making 1000hp with forced induction and efi.

Oh, and there are lots of cars that make great et's naturally aspirated. Ann Erb's 1970 AMX is all AMC, and sports an aluminum block, 430 something cid AMC v8, backed by a powerglide, and runs 8.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile. Naturally aspirated.

Boost is the only way my Tbird will ever have a chance to have a V8. I wanna be able to say its still a Turbo Coupe!!! If that were ever to happen, the original parts would get prepped for storage incase I ever wanted it stock agian. Only problem is 5.0 turbo kits that are quality arent cheap!!

My uncle takes me crabbing. Gotta love crap when its fresh out of the washington harbor.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

thanks for the complements guys.ill have a list of good stuff on it over time.

freak it is a cummins truck 93 its my baby only had one owner im the second got traded in were I worked on a new toy prius lol. ive done 4" turbo back 5x.012 injectors aka 100hp,turned pump up.fuel pin,lift pump.hot side on the turbo, and other small stuff. converter and shift kit next before trans over heats and dies on me its fun im not gonna lie.

loui crabbing is a blast my fiancé loves it come home with a bushel invite frends and family over cook em up. have a few beers or 3 or 4 or whos counting haha

my '78 yota

20r, w50 5speed, factory 2wd yota rearend, jeep cj5 dana 30 front axle, jeep dana 20 transfer case with custom aluminum adapter and tail shaft on the trans to bolt it together. looking for a 2wd with a good bed to restore mine with since mine is dealer optioned wolverine 4wd package.

'69 c10

has factory air, ps, pb, 307, auto. building a 283 with pop-ups decent cam and such somewhere in the 450hp range and converting it to manual with a muncie. frame is ready for powder coat and it'll be ready to start poking parts back on

This my other money pit .1999 jeep grand Cherokee . Does a good job of keeping me in the poor house lol

You got to love them old solid axel yotas there rare to nonexistent here on the east coast

Back