Show off your other projects

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChunkyB

Reaction score
I know as gear heads we all have projects other than just warriors. My warrior is my side project when I'm sick of my car so Post them up like to see them big or small

ill post my main project up 86 GT fox body,mini tub,rear narrowed, full cage, thew floor subframe connectors, will be sitting on them 325s drag radials, it will also dont laugh carberated ls1 with 200 shot of juice looking for mid 9s

Now that fox should run! It's a Ls swap!!

I've got a few projects. A 79c10 near completion just needs odds and ends. A 93 civic, threw a rod. And few that's not technically mine but I am helping. A 94 Dakota. And a 04 prelude. Both of which run just the Dakota needs brakes. No pictures. But those are my project cars.

Now that fox should run! It's a Ls swap!!

Isn't that the ONLY way to move a Ford down the track quickly? Lol :haha: Just kidding to all those Ford fans out there. Don't want to start another fight, just being a damn fool.

Well, both of my other projects are posted in this section. My 86 Honda ATC350x, and my 1970 AMC Javelin.

Small side projects include; swapping out tires on my dad's Fourtrax tomorrow, and installing a new Supertrapp system on it. Then, there is my buddies 88 Warrior that I am rebuilding the front end on, and swapping in my old swinger/carrier/axle because they have low hour bearings. Also, installing new seat cover.

73 Camaro with new crate 350 and 74 Suzuki 100

du4u2eje.jpg
3yze4y8u.jpg
de8epe5e.jpg

Drw you got to get some pictures of that c10 up on here I'd like to see it there good looking trucks.
Pat come on dont pick on the ford guy coming from a AMC owner lol just joking. I love my fords as long as it wAs made before 95. You just can't beet these new ls motors dollar for doller, if I blow a built windsor there goes 2500$ set of afr heads can't afford that any more

Buddy of mine Lucky bastard just traded two banshees for a running driving military Duce half it's sick

Sexy camaro geeessfore. My dad has a 67 sitting on stands in the garage.

Drw you got to get some pictures of that c10 up on here I'd like to see it there good looking trucks.
Pat come on dont pick on the ford guy coming from a AMC owner lol just joking. I love my fords as long as it wAs made before 95. You just can't beet these new ls motors dollar for doller, if I blow a built windsor there goes 2500$ set of afr heads can't afford that any more

Buddy of mine Lucky bastard just traded two banshees for a running driving military Duce half it's sick

Haha, actually I'm a GM man, but, have a big soft spot for AMC. Besides, their cars were actually pretty damn good. Were no worse then any car of that era, anyway. Lol.

Hell, I'm going to be spending $1700 on EDEL heads for my car! Plus, a grand in pistons and rods. Engine will be in the $6k ballpark.

Ok Ive got a saying thats similar to the Nitrousis for people that dont know how to build engines!! LS swaps are for people that dont know how to build engines!!! Of coarse it helps that I know 2 people with Mustangs that are over 500hp. One is a 351 bored and stroked, EFI. Cant remember what the displacement is for sure, but I think its actually in the area of 408 or something near there. The other is a procharged 306 and Im not sure what else he has done. But Im gonna ask him what his 1/4 mile times are. And both are manual cars!

Now that Ive spoke my mind a little!!! LOL My project that most of you know of is my 1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, a true barn find!!! Atleast until I can no longer get parts for the 2.3 Turbo motor it will stay a 4 cylinder, but not stock of coarse!!! Was an auto, now converted to a manual.

Roughly how I found it, minus the new front tires!!

After $10 at car wash couple hours at the FIL's and a few hours

And how it sits now while it waits for me to round up more things to finish it. Including painting!!

I bought a 2003 S10 that Im going to build. Just stocking up on parts to do a rebuild on the 4.3 to make between 275-300hp. Parts so far I have 1.6 Roller rockers, Comp 266HR .533 lift cam, and a tuned pc for the parts Im adding. Will have the heads port polished and decked fo this With JE pistons. Tranny will be worked too already put vette servos and shift kit and next is a clutch pack and stall converter. Heres when I bought it.

Heres where it stands now a daily driver till I tear in the motor.

Ok Ive got a saying thats similar to the Nitrousis for people that dont know how to build engines!! LS swaps are for people that dont know how to build engines!!!

You have that right tony!! I could drop a ls1 in my s10 but it wouldnt be as fun to build a bad ass V6. It will for sure cost a lot more but the wow factor will be more than just doing a V8 swap.

Wow that's harshI guess everyone that does ls swaps don't know how to build an engine? If that comment was towards me you have no clue what I've built 357,393,408,306,347,331,and my buddy's 454 windsor dart block of corse. Like you said you know people with fast cars. Now that's off my chest can't we just have a good time seeing othe people's projects

Wow that's harshI guess everyone that does ls swaps don't know how to build an engine? If that comment was towards me you have no clue what I've built 357,393,408,306,347,331,and my buddy's 454 windsor dart block of corse. Like you said you know people with fast cars. Now that's off my chest can't we just have a good time seeing othe people's projects

Lol I don't think he ment it towards you just in general. I'm on a few s10 sites and the all tell me to do a swap but does that mean they can't build a motor nope. But its a lot harder to build a v6 to get hp unless u put nitrous or other power outters on it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Ok ill calm down. I've seen a quite a few built 4.3 s10s at the track over the years and there nasty. Sound like a built small block v8 at idle but when there on it have there own noise should I say. You doing a 2.8 r 4.3

Ok ill calm down. I've seen a quite a few built 4.3 s10s at the track over the years and there nasty. Sound like a built small block v8 at idle but when there on it have there own noise should I say. You doing a 2.8 r 4.3

Yep the do sound like a v8 at idle but sound a lot different when revved. And yes I will be building the 4.3

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Ya it wasn't fully directed at you. In general I'm just not a fan of crossbreed swaps and to top it off ls swaps. It may just be me!! Lol

O trust me I'm catching flack from all my ford buddy's for coming out of the closet lol under cover chevy lover lmao. But ill have 1700 in the motor after tear down bearings,rings, gaskets, cam kit not 5-6k on a mild built stroker windsor if the ls chucks a rod that's what the engine dipper is for.

Im shooting for around 400rwhp from my 2.3T, which my bottom end can handle stock. Its nice having stock forged internals!!! Im gonna need a good port and polish job, with oversized valves, about 96 lb/hr injectors-possibly bigger, header or heavily ported stock manifold, bigger turbo-shooting for a holset hy35, standalone EMS or quarterhorse, 3" exhaust, worked over intake, aftermarket cam and match valve components. Thats just a good portion of the list, luckily for my I belong to a few forums specific to the 2.3T so most I can pick up at a fraction of the cost!! Much past that horse power and I need stronger connecting rods, but can still use the stock pistons!!

Forced induction, the replacement for displacement!!!!!!

The reason why people do LS swaps (or any crate engine, for that matter) is because it is FAR cheaper to buy a brand new engine, or very low milage engine, and have it produce whatever horsepower they want, right out of the box. Whereas, if they actually built and engine, they'd spend 2-3k more, depending on what it is they want to do with it. You can buy a brand new crate small block from GMPP, or Summit, from anywhere between $2200-$4000, that makes every bit of 400hp right out of the box. Or more, depending on what engine choice you have. Even just buying the short block is worth the money. Instead of sending your crank out to get turned and balanced (with the rods and pistons for balancing), having your block clean/inspected/sonic inspected/bored/honed/decked/deburred/align bored, then to buy all new cam/main/rod bearings, freeze out plugs, misc gaskets and seals, yadda yadda yadda... You'd spend more then the crate bottom end already assembled. Then it's just a matter of choosing your heads, cam, intake, etc... And, if your stock crank is not a forged unit, a new forged crank can run easily $600.

My AMC 360 will roughly cost the folling: an easy $1000 for K1 forged rods and Wiseco forged pistons. $1700 for Edel aluminum heads. $300 for Edel Performer RPM Air Gap intake. If I stick with the Edel cam/push rods/timing chain and gear set, that's roughly $400 (from memory). That all adds up to $3400 thus far. Then there is a GOOD HEI dist, GOOD harmonic balancer, flywheel, carb, gaskets/seals, updated timing cover, water pump, oil pump, Milodon oversize oil pan, sending the crank and block out, plugs, wires, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc......... All adds up to every bit of $6k. But, I have no choice because you have to build what you have when it comes to an AMC. I could swap in a small block Chevy, either crate engine, or, build it myself, and save probably $2k-$3500 depending on which route for a small block. Or do the ver popular LS swap. I don't particularly care to do this because it's not "true" to the car. I don't really care to see LS engine swapped into older GM cars/trucks because that's not what it came with. Unless you absolutely NEED to make 700+hp does an LS engine have to be swapped in, in MY opinion. Not that a small or big block Chevy can't make those numbers, it's just that the technology in the LS series is FAR superior and more streetable.

But, back to my car for a moment, lol. If I use the complete Edelbrock Performer RPM package, I should have a solid 420hp and 460ftlbs of torque. I say that because Edel claims 435hp and 487 torque with a 401cid (AMC's badboy) running 9.5:1 compression. My engine is 40 cubes smaller, so I knocked the hp and torque down a few ponies to be fair. However, I'll be running 10.75:1 comp, so I'll make some of that up. And, in all honesty, I'd be trilled with 420hp. It's going to be a street car/driver, so although the Edel cam is a little outdated, it really will work perfectly for what I intend to do. The thought of using a Offenhauser 2x4 intake has crossed my mind. That'd be awesome!

Oh, and I'll probably use a Tremec TKO500 with a Lakewood bellhousing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back