riding gear?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There used to be an add in the atv mags years ago that promoted safe riding habbits and helemets. It had a bandaid on it, an on the bandaid it said "stupid hurts". I take that to heart every time I ride.

Not as far as i know.
http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/00_96319_01
Nothing about helmets even. Tho if you ride the trails around here without a helmet you deserve to smash your head open.
Well thats bullshit!!
We were riding in west of Fernie last summer, and got a handful of tickets for stupid rules we don't have in Alberta. (I've also riden the trails around Golden, and Salmon Arm. I found they were really strict in that area as well)
Must have ran into some hero fish & feathers cops.
Or they don't like Albertan's around there. lol

Much of what i put on depends on the weather and where I'm riding. I spent a couple hundred bucks on a decent mx helmet, goggles, jersey, ridding pants and ATV riding boots. The boots are a great improvement over work boots. They offer a bit more protection, good grip, and they are waterproof. I found them for only $35 almost new on Kijiji. The pants are the loose type that fit over the boots, black nylon made by Fox. My jersey was from the sale rack $15, nothing flashy just black and white.

I will wear a chest protector, elbow pads and all the other safety gear once I pick it all up for a decent price. Riding in jeans, sweater and skate shoes is a bad idea for a handful of reasons. If you like the feeling of being wet and having mud and dirt being ground into your skin go ahead. The textiles that are used don't let mud stick, dry really quickly and those "hitch hiker" plant seed don't tent to hang on as well. I'm not a fan of the flashy look but I do like the functionality. As for gloves I have a pair of riding gloves but tend to wear leather ones instead. I hate hitting a branches at 70mph with my hands. There is a reason that all the racers and XC riders put on the purpose made gear.

Well thats bullshit!!
We were riding in west of Fernie last summer, and got a handful of tickets for stupid rules we don't have in Alberta. (I've also riden the trails around Golden, and Salmon Arm. I found they were really strict in that area as well)
Must have ran into some hero fish & feathers cops.
Or they don't like Albertan's around there. lol

Yeah, the Ministry of forest guys are usually dicks.

I useully always rock riding boots (saves your ankles) riding pants (wicks away the dirt and mud) and my helmet. T-shirt works just fine for me yet I do own some riding jerseys.

I always wear a helmet and goggles, I have to set a good example for my boy. Other than that, the weather dictates if it's jeans and t-shirt or sweatshirt.

These are my Gloves. I recommend them. This picture is a link to where you can find them for like $22. I can pick up coins with them on. 2nd pair in 7 years.

Last edited:
I got a western auto pair of mechanics gloves in yamaha blue for like 5 bucks from harbor freight. Riding gloves are overpriced and unneeded IMO Just like Pat(^^^^^) up there is screaming. Just gonna beat them and tear them up in the woods anyway!

I have the same gloves (Fox Dirtpaw) in red. Doesn't match anything else i own, but they were an xmas gift so its all good. They are more comfortable than the mechanix gloves i rocked before i got them.

You wanna talk about riding gear; at Hatfield, the fella that owns the house we rented now lives in FL,a nd goes to estate and yard sales buyin atv stuff for resale. Really nice old guy. Anyway, he sold me two pairs of riding pants, two riding jerseys, tall socks (got em for my sis), a near new Renthal low rise bar w/pad, and a new bar pad all for $55!

Mattahorns, roof bolter gloves (like mechanxx gloves but alot more protection) Jeans, sleeved shirt, and good ole ball cap.. My fat head has learned from its battle scars though...

Last edited:
In all honesty I ALWAYS rode with a Backward ball cap on! Yea I know from experience that if something hits your head or vise versa It can really fuh-q up man I just got my first helmet yesterday lol! Im 29 and been sitting on motors since I was about 10...But I have a new step daughter and 1 yo boy now to set an example for.I have taken helicopter rides that I dont recall and about 10 days of my life after that I cant remember either. Rear grab grazed my head. Lucky to be above ground today from that! Nobody can tell me that karma or god or something wasn't helping me out that day, shoulda been dead. That pretty much killed my hill climb ambitions dead! No more interest after that... But I still LOVE RIDING and got right back on and still just now bought a helmet and that happened 8 years ago! Don't be dumb like me kids, WEAR YOUR NOGGIN KNOCKER!

Last edited:
Yea im no way trying to set an example of a ball cap, im 32 and ridden the same trails my entire life, know my limits and dont even try stupid things were there is even a decent posibility I will come in contact with the ground.. I own 3 helments Me,My girl,and my daughter all wear our helments when we go somewere new, my daughter wears hers everytime she climbs on her raptor 80..

I rock a eBay helmet, eBay goggles , eBay gloves . Jeans and a shirt but have come to realize mud is attracted to jeans and cotton shirt (hard to come off once dried). so i ordered some riding gear from rockymountain pants and shirt $60 supposedly easy to clean of mud etc etc

Back