riding gear?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like some people need to man up a little bit about riding!!!

Usually and depending on the exact weather its my steel toes, pair of jeans(engine will keep my legs pretty warm when its cold), Tshirt/tank top/ hoody/ double hoody, just depends on weather and temp for shirts. Helmet and goggles, and my mechanics gloves just depending on a few factors.
pretty much the same here except during winter riding it's all that and a nice pair of Arctic cat sled bibs and Carhart jacket and a nice pair of warm chopper gloves

ive used a helmet about 5% out of the whole time ive ever rode i grew up with out a helmet i use glasses carhart jeans **** and jacket if its cold been thinking bout a helmet but i hate wearing them

Hell people didn't give me **** before I got riding gear and was only wearing jeans, t's, etc.. I was going much faster and getting way more air than any of them! Oh and the dust factor helps too lol

I usually wear shorts, and no shirt when I ride (4x4's) on the open trails around here.. lol
On the odd occasion I might wear a helmet. It's not illegal to ride an ATV without a helmet in Alberta.

But when I'm aggressively ripping it up I always wear a helmet, and goggles. I also have Thor MX boots, and a chest protector.
Yamaha pants, and fox gloves. I often wear elbow pads as well.

Last edited:
Pretty much t-shirt and jeans for me. I have some pants,gloves and jerseys, but I don't use them. If I start racing, I'll use them. I use a helmet and goggles if I'm gonna get crazy.

I was just curious if any other States, or Provinces allow riders to run trails on ATV's/UTV's without wearing a helmet???
I know that in British Columbia you have to wear full gear now when ridding dirtbikes, and sport ATV's. I think Manitoba has also adopted these regs?

Like I said, I'm just curious what it's like in other parts of north America. Hell even other parts of the world... I know we have riders from all over on this site.

It is not nation wide here in the states, I don't believe. But, if you go to atv specific playgrounds, it is required for insurance purposes. Like Hatfield, or Carolina Adventure world, etc...

Where I ride its a helmet and goggles and that's it. Don't need boots or anything

I know the trail system James and I ride requires the obvious helmets and goggles, but I'm pretty certain they state work boots the bare minimum as footwear.

I always wear mine. Unless I'm working around the farm, getting on and off a lot.
I hear you on that point.. Thats why I don't wear one on the open trails up here. Your on, and off the quad a thousand times. Stopping to chat with people, and helping others collect firewood ect"..
But on the tight rugged trails not wearing a helmet can be suicide.

I used to just wear jeans, work style boots and t-shirt. Always wear my helmet. Now I have a couple Fly jerseys and Thor boots. Still just wear my jeans. I don't like the riding pants at all. Got tired of comin home with my arms all irritated from trees rubbing on them.

jg_waynoka_zps9e8ec37b.jpg

this is my gear and i have fox gloves somewhere,,, hoping i may get to use them again when i get my wheeler running wright..
Ridinggear002_zps82f95337.jpg

I always wear gear, I dont always wear my neck brace and goggles tho, but if I plan to ride I suit up, all or nothing.

Go big or go back to the kitchen.

Part of my helmet wearing has come from atleast 3 people that I can think of off the top of my head that Im friends with that helmets saved there ass. One being my little brother when his old 400ex decided it wanted to barrel roll at 70mph going down a trail. He's still trying to figure out what went wrong to cause it, luckily he was wearing his. Its not even required in the state of Wisconsin after the age of 18. Unless your just putting around not even getting much speed a helmet should be on, you just never know what can happen.

yeah it's like a $500 fine if your under 18 with no helmet riding in your own yard here in the city of Barron

Back