riding gear?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94warpig

Reaction score
Am I the only one who rocks jeans and a t shirt when riding? You guys use all the " pro" style gear, boots and all?

I've got a pretty nice Fox racing setup. Knee pads, Elbow pads, HELMET. I use my own snow boots, they hide the lace so it's not in the way and its waterproof and insulated. Gonna save up and get a nice roost deflector. Depends on what you do, I used to be a jeans and t-shirt guy until I've been soaked, cut and beaten up from trails.

I always wear a helmet too. I get beat up on the trails all the time but I'm not comfortable in anything else

I picked up a set of used MSR boots for 20 bucks, they are a lot better than my trashed skate shoes, keeps the muck out of my socks. Got a set of Fox gloves for Xmas so ill be rockin' them as well heh.

Only riding gear I have is a helmet and goggles. That's it. I wear mechanics gloves from Fisher Auto Parts, or deer skin gloves from Lowes. I would like a pair of boots though. I usually wear plastic sauna pants over my jeans. Keeps you from getting filthy. Also helps to make you loose weight. You'll sweat your ass off in them!

I just rock my skate shoes, jeans, t shirt or sweatshirt, helmet and goggles. I always get people makin fun of me for not wearing the proper gear

i wear a motorcross lid or my snowmobile helmet... looking to get some real gear in the spring after i get the quad set up the way i want it... then i will have to outfit the wife as well for her's

i think i am going to get a set of riding boots and jersey for myself... for her i will get full pads

I like the protective gear it has saved my hide a few times.
Helmet- must
Boots- must
Gloves- must
Long pants and shirt- must
Goggles- must

I know sometimes these are constraining but the older I get the more I appreciate them.
The older I get the more I feel my younger days.

i got fly kinetic inversion gear. its all baddass and very comfortable! postin some pics in a min...
DSCF4904_zps4530ae82.jpg

list: oakley goggles
fly kinetic inversion pants/ jersey/ gloves
kbc carbon helmet
getting new boots soon

Last edited:
I rock the levi's, steel toes, Helmet and goggles (sometimes, lol) and a hoodie if it's cool out. I don't even own a pair of riding gloves but I don't have Bitch hands either. I'm a mechanic so I got man hands, lol!
you want gloves when you ride with other people when you got no hand guards. rocks hurt like a BITCH!

^ hell yeah thorns suck! they go through my damn gloves! but i do suggest either fox gloves or fly racing.

Why over pay for riding gloves when mechanics gloves are nearly the same thing? Work great. Just get the gloves from Fisher.

pat cause most riding gloves have pads in the palm so your hands dont get sore on long rides

Sounds like some people need to man up a little bit about riding!!!

Usually and depending on the exact weather its my steel toes, pair of jeans(engine will keep my legs pretty warm when its cold), Tshirt/tank top/ hoody/ double hoody, just depends on weather and temp for shirts. Helmet and goggles, and my mechanics gloves just depending on a few factors.

Back