Rebuild of my Raptor 350

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you still trying it with a block of wood? If you are, ditch it and just put a socket over the nut on the end and give it some good solid hits with a sledge. When all else fails get a bigger hammer.

Yup I was hitting it with a pretty big hammer and a socket. I could barely get the hub back on though. Im having a hard time finding a stable way of setting it up though.

Worked on it some more this time with a 8lb sledge and still no luck. I will definitely need a new axle now so im not too happy.

Im trying to get the column bearing out of the frame does anyone know how it comes out. Looks like a sleeve in there still that is hex shaped. Last thing I have to take out to get it powder coated.
raptor387.jpg

raptor388.jpg

Well I found an alls balls steering stem bearing kit on ebay and I got an idea for removing the collar.

I think their's a thread somewhere here telling how to remove it if I'm correct. Can you spray it with pb blaster or something then heat. I would probably try if you can do it. I would try to turn the frame upside down use a punch and a hammer to beat it out. A press might work if you have access to one big enough. They make a slide tool for pulling races out. Like this

otc-1157-slide-hammer.gif

You might be able to rent one from autozone or something. I have seen a co-worker at my former job a couple of years ago use one to pull out a race that was in a 13 spd manual transmission in a semi before and with a little heat and this tool it came right out. It might be something to look into.

I made my own tool and got it out its threaded so you have to turn it out. Had to grind a bolt to fit since I couldnt find any the size I needed then welded a nut to the end and used the impact.

Got some parts blasted and ready for paint and powder coating. Going to paint the a-arms and header pipe the rest gets powder coated.
raptor392.jpg

This forum has been kind of dead but if anyone cares to follow.....
I did get the carb cleaned and some new gaskets and screws installed. I also painted the a-arms and header pipe. The frame should be done at the power coaters saturday also. Few more weeks and I should have some before and after shots I cant wait.
carb010.jpg

carb011.jpg

raptor393.jpg

raptor398.jpg

yea its pretty much like rhino liner/lineX/herculiner.. but the dupli-spray is nice because its a flat hammered finish.. i used it on my tailgate it holds up pretty nice

spdfrk1990 said:
Tyler said:
Is it kinda like rhino liner?
Im sure its similar its a spray on in a can. Cant say I remember exactly what rhino liner is like though.

Rhino liner is almost like spray on sand paper i guess you would say.

I need new front shocks but not sure if I should go with the original raptor shocks or not. Know of any good shock covers for the 350 also that are a good price?

I guess I just wish the fronts were a little better and rebuildable or you talking about the shock covers?
Heres the rear axle I Just finished polishing it im just waiting on the new carrier now.
Axle004.jpg

Back