Project Bear Tracker Restoration

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why there are always broken links that had been hosted by photobucket. Do what you like, I'm just trying to help. It's not just here; it's all over the web. To me, it's like still using an AOL account.

Last edited:
That's why there are always broken links that had been hosted by photobucket. Do what you like, I'm just trying to help. It's not just here; it's all over the web. To me, it's like still using an AOL account.

No there's broken links cause there old and people delete the pics from there account and I'm sure the same crap which will happen with your talking about. So forget about it and this is not a thread for it and you had a thread about it last year and no one cared so if you like use it we don't have a problem.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

so I ran into a snag my steering wheel puller I have to use to remove the flywheel from the crank on the bear Tracker doesn't come with the right thread bolts plus they aren't long enough so does anyone know what thread type I need to thread into the 3 threaded holes on the flywheel so I can use the puller to get it off so I can instal the new cam chain? Not like I can take the whole quad into the hardware store to test bolts lol

Haha got it went to hardware store today and grabbed 3 5" bolts for my puller and got the flywheel off the bear tracker so now I can install the new cam chain and get it back together then it just needs a battery and registration and she'll be ready for some trails

Got the new DID cam chain installed in the bear tracker and flywheel back on just need to pick up a new stator cover gasket and 3 new bolts some oil and a battery then she'll be ready to roll oh and I still need to power wash the motor too looks like crap on the outside Lol

well a quick update I should have the bear tracker buttoned up and ready for it's maiden trail ride after restore this coming Sunday Just waiting on the stator gasket to get here then it's getting some fresh oil,a new battery and of course registration and the ex and the tracker will be eating #5's dust Sunday

Picked up a new battery today have it on the charger as we speak also picked up a few quarts of oil and Registered the Bear Tracker tomorrow the stator gasket will be here and it will be back together and ready for a day of trail riding Sunday
Just need to make a quick stop at the hardware store to get 3 replacement bolts for the stator case to replace the 3 I had to drill the heads off because they were stripped

Thats great. Don't make #5 jealous! Did the DMV make you wait a bazzilion hours too or is that just in NY..ha

We can just go to the Department of Natural Resources website and register our ATV's instantly cost's $35 every 2 year's for registration Jimmy

And the Bear Tracker is back together running great and ready for it's first trail ride tomorrow and a wet and muddy one at that we got about 3" of rain today

awesome man this thing really turned around! Ive been watching this since you got it cause my buddy has one and its perfect for what he does. we do 25 every year for ohv then we have to snail mail a check out of town(only way) 20 every year for a state trust land permit because that seems to be the only place you can ride on anymore.

That was only a 2 mile ride didn't start out till late afternoon so just did a quick test run had the Ex drive the Bear Tracker (as it's hers) she want's me to Plasti Dip the plastics Hot pink. But it ran great only thing is it smoked a little under load (burning oil) about the only thing left to do to it motor wise gonna wait and pull motor this fall and rebuild the top end with a .020" Wiseco or if It's not really bad just new rings and a hone
I still need to get the front tires swapped out with the better ones I got from Lloyd
Hopefully next weekend we can get a whole day of riding in and have time to take more pics in action rather than a deer and aftermath shots at home

Latest posts

Back