Project Bear Tracker Restoration

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New front tires mounted finally ready for another trail ride tomorrow
bajuda2u.jpg
4u2atare.jpg

Looks like a fun machine. Strap some beer on there; fishing tackle; & just get lost somewhere. Come back with dinner for the wifey

Well she only made it 10 miles today then stalled and battery was dead so I whipped around on #5 back to car & trailer and headed up the freeway to load it rail road corridor runs along the freeway lol
Got back home stuck the 2 amp charger on it for 2 hours and she fires right up and runs great so now When I find my ohm meter I'll need to check the voltage to battery while running should be over 14 v if not its either the voltage regulator or the charging coil in stator that's bad.
now where the hell is my multi meter at!

well update
I just checked voltage at battery while running stays right at 11.7 and slowly drops if kept running(should jump up over 14v while running) so next I checked the resistance in the stator charging coil(3 white wires coming out of stator) spec says between .45 - .55 and they are at .8 , 1.2 and .5 so I guess It'll be needing a new stator
I was really hoping it would have been the Voltage regulator but I guess that's how the cookie crumbles

I went straight out and tried this.. Didn't do ****. Must need a true "burn the paint off yer car the second you look away" rotary. My D/A Porter Cable is wonderous for paint. Maybe not so much for beat to hell old quad plastics..

That looks like a fun machne to just putt around on. Not bad at all! Sucks that you have to replace the stator tho.

New Caltric stator in and she runs great and is putting 14.22 volts to battery

Latest posts

Back