Over heatting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay got all my parts in today, was putting the springs, washer, C clip and that on the one piece and the friggin C clip went flyin across the garage. So im going to order 4 more ( just in case). But when i was looking at the parts diagram it showed the C clip at the bottom? Where dose it go i thought it went on the top.

I was just wondering, im thinking about putting an oil cooler in and does the cooler mean you need more oil in your machine or not?

the oil level stays the same but you have to add more oil to the crankcase because of the volume of the oil cooler.

Well im still waiting on the friggin C clip. But every one has said that making a place for the cooler to mount is the hardest and that only took a hour of thinking of ways to do it, then 10 mins to do it.

what about just trying thicker oil??

i run 20w 40 with an oil cooler

this may have already be mentioned or something of that type i might have missed while reading

lol

I think that I would mount the inlets to the cooler up. With the inlets down when you shut the engine off most of the oil will run out of the cooler. So next time you start it the oil pump will have to pump the cooler full of oil first before any oil gets to the engine and to the top of the head.

Most of your engine damage comes from startup when the engine is being starved from oil. If you point the cooler inlets up, oil will stay in the cooler and result in oil getting to the engine quicker at startup.

Just a thought.

I think that I would mount the inlets to the cooler up. With the inlets down when you shut the engine off most of the oil will run out of the cooler. So next time you start it the oil pump will have to pump the cooler full of oil first before any oil gets to the engine and to the top of the head.

Most of your engine damage comes from startup when the engine is being starved from oil. If you point the cooler inlets up, oil will stay in the cooler and result in oil getting to the engine quicker at startup.

Just a thought.

actually inside the oil cooler base yamaha designed a one way oil valve which actually holds oil in the oil cooler base, lines and cooler that way you never have a dry startup. This valve is also in the filter.

Okay just got my parts and put it on. Pretty easy. But my oil cooler didn't get warm i had oil in the lines so it must be working. And how what about my oil? I've got it above the line on the top of the dip stick and I ran it and it went about middle of the lines so is it okay?

Latest posts

Back