Over heatting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote:lkpcssje]

You need more then just the cap.
http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx Under Oil pump.
You need numbers.
then some metric straight pipe ends to connect the hoses to the cover. Also need a oil cooler of some sort.
I like this way because it's factory. That's really the only advantage to it other then it's just cooling all the oil and the crank bearing is still getting the hottest oil, which is the highest wear item on the engine. Also I have not found a direct shifter that will work with this setup. With the clutch cover method usally cheaper to do and cools oil that is going to the crank.

Thanks for the clarification. How dangerous and hard is it to do the clutch cover method?[/quote:lkpcssje]

Do i need one of each of the parts or do i need the amount listed on the web sight?

You need the amount of parts listed on the web site. So there will be acouple doubles.
That's a pretty big tranny cooler.
This would work for the clutch cover method and I believe this is the core that mickey sells.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=PRM%2D1008&N=700+115&autoview=sku
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=PRM%2D1009&N=700+400006+115&autoview=sku
Something like that size is what mickey uses and sells in his kits. You can go bigger and it wouldn't hurt anything, it's just harder to mount.

Thanks guys im going to drop by my Yamaha dealer tomorow and get all the parts and look around for a oil cooler. But i think im just going to order one off summit. Don't know i may just pick a couple up from auto zone and see which one i like and bring the others back.

Thanks ya'll FRN

Hey ive got the cool in place still waitin for the parts but i was wounderin how do you post pics.

Wow, that's a bigass cooler. Do you really need one that big?

I've got a bar and plate design one that is smaller but is more efficient and the bikes oil still will get super hot when riding slow. Any core is better then none and basically bigger the better if you can fit it.
oilcoolerfront.jpg

I know, but eventually it becomes excessive. It's alot bigger than most coolers I've seen on this site.

Umm.. i live down south were bigger is better don't know what its like in Canada.

Well actualy i do....
P.S my dad in the military

Umm.. i live down south were bigger is better don't know what its like in Canada.

Well actualy i do....

Bigger is better in this case, but i don't see the advantage of one so big. There's a point where the extra cooling area just isn't needed anymore.

Well it was only $27.12 with beef jerky so i figured it was better then the $50 summit racin one

lol thats what i was thinking... $50 for a smaller one or $27 for a bigger one. But im probably going to have to get a new one a bunch of the fins are messed up but i will see how it works first.

lol thats what i was thinking... $50 for a smaller one or $27 for a bigger one. But im probably going to have to get a new one a bunch of the fins are messed up but i will see how it works first.

I think to though that it comes as one kit so you don't have to buy hoses or anything... maybe yours did?

[quote:i0ipw4tj]Umm.. i live down south were bigger is better don't know what its like in Canada.

Well actualy i do....

Bigger is better in this case, but i don't see the advantage of one so big. There's a point where the extra cooling area just isn't needed anymore.[/quote:i0ipw4tj]

If an engine is air cooled and basically sitting running then you better hope you have some way of cooling the oil or engine off. Since oil is the life blood of the engine the cooler you can keep it the better. Even a big oil cooler and creeping through the woods on a hot day the engine still will get very hot.

[quote:2brffvht]lol thats what i was thinking... $50 for a smaller one or $27 for a bigger one. But im probably going to have to get a new one a bunch of the fins are messed up but i will see how it works first.

I think to though that it comes as one kit so you don't have to buy hoses or anything... maybe yours did?[/quote:2brffvht]

It came with probably 4 foot of hose, 4 clamps, oil cooler, oil cooler mount things, and some other crap.

Back