Oil Change

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the valvoline for a while because it was cheap, actually got a **** load of it at pep boys once because they had a case of atv and a case of v twin motorcycle oil on the clearance rack at $1.50 a bottle and I bought all of it. I could tell a pretty big difference switching from Silkolene to the cheap valvoline, it didn't shift right, ran hotter, and the oil did break down very quickly in comparison. I don't know if it was a coincidence or not but after the second oil change with valvoline i hit the track and magically my clutch started slipping and needed replaced, never used the stuff again after that, just used it in my lawn mower to use it up. I have always used Silkolene or Maxima but i'm thinking about trying out the Rotella this summer and seeing how my bikes like it.

Yup they have it at walmart and advance I think but advance is prob a little more expensive.

I always bought the good oil at the local powersports shop, they've carried Silkolene since back when Brian Fisher owned the place and they have Amsoil too but too rich for my country boy wallet. Last time I bought it the Silkolene was running about $5 a quart for non-synthetic and I've had really good luck with the stuff on the clutches. Actually I should probably be ashamed to admit it but my brother's 250EX has Silkolene in it and the last time I remember changing the oil was a couple years after we bought it and we got it new in 2002 so it's got about 5 years on the oil and still looks somewhat acceptable, good enough for a honda 250 anyways.

hey fellow warrior-ers, i just put an external oil cooler on my warrior and.. how do i prime it so to speak? fill the crank case with more than the normal and let it circulate through the cooler? or just run it at a normal level and check after a few minutes of running to add more

Anybody ever tried the 20W-50 NAPA oil? I think its bottled by Valvoline.

I put Rotella 5W40 in my car, so I may go with that :) It's 20 bucks for a 4qt jug at walmart. It is synthetic though?

Back