Oil Change

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojack

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for oil brand, weight, and quantity Ect. I picked up a 97 warrior and would like to get the oil changed and general maintenance done.

Im going to be using Amsoil 10w40 motorcycle oil after I run out of my yamahalube. The warrior suppose to take 2.64 quarts with a filter change.

10W40 YamaLube (or motocycle oil) and fresh (HiLo) filter every time. Don't use synthetic oils, they will slip your clutch out. Change ur oil often and your engine will b happy.

i always use yamalube 10w40 in my warrior. before i added the cooler i only needed 2qts for an oil and filter change, but since then the 2.64qts sounds about right.

deadlastracing said:
10W40 YamaLube (or motocycle oil) and fresh (HiLo) filter every time. Don't use synthetic oils, they will slip your clutch out. Change ur oil often and your engine will b happy.

Tons of people use the amsoil 10w40 on the raptor forums what synthetic did you have issues with?

synthetic usually makes clutch slip. should only be used if that was used since new. never change from conventional to synthetic

Hmm I never heard that ill try and let you know lol. I know with cars anytime to change is better then not at all. Some high mileage cars might leak oil a little more.

i have been running 0w-40 amsoil synthetic in mine for a couple of years now with an EBC clutch (i want to say its been in there for 4-5 years) and i never had once had a problem with the clutch. its mostly how you ride, i dont slip the clutch more than i have too, and am sensible with it. but i guess for everybody, everything is different. i might change to 10w-30 weight because when i put my oil gauge on, it wants to lose oil pressure when hot, but that has nothing to do with it being synthetic, i might just have the wrong weight. but i have never once had a problem with clutch slippage or of any sort. i could tell when i switched to amsoil that it shifted better and was easier to get into neutral than it ever was.

as a side note, i bought my car with 178,000 miles and it had a fram oil filter and conventional oil and when i bought the truck it had 164,000 miles with same filter. i switched them both to amsoil and they are still running great. car now has 208,000 miles and truck has 176,000 miles and those are original engines. in my vehicles i run it one year before i change the oil. i think its what ever people prefer, im not saying one is better than another, amsoil is what i like, thats why i run it in everything i own. so id say just pick a good known brand that you fill comfortable with and go with it.

91warrior said:
i have been running 0w-40 amsoil synthetic in mine for a couple of years now with an EBC clutch (i want to say its been in there for 4-5 years) and i never had once had a problem with the clutch. its mostly how you ride, i dont slip the clutch more than i have too, and am sensible with it. but i guess for everybody, everything is different. i might change to 10w-30 weight because when i put my oil gauge on, it wants to lose oil pressure when hot, but that has nothing to do with it being synthetic, i might just have the wrong weight. but i have never once had a problem with clutch slippage or of any sort. i could tell when i switched to amsoil that it shifted better and was easier to get into neutral than it ever was.

as a side note, i bought my car with 178,000 miles and it had a fram oil filter and conventional oil and when i bought the truck it had 164,000 miles with same filter. i switched them both to amsoil and they are still running great. car now has 208,000 miles and truck has 176,000 miles and those are original engines. in my vehicles i run it one year before i change the oil. i think its what ever people prefer, im not saying one is better than another, amsoil is what i like, thats why i run it in everything i own. so id say just pick a good known brand that you fill comfortable with and go with it.

Sounds good man the 40wt should be fine with your warrior but I heard the amsoil 10w40 has better film strength then the 0w40.

yea the reason i went with the 0w-40 is because thats what amsoil made specifically for atv's. i really like it, but might try a heavier weight.

lol
hey it works.
to be honest there is no need to pay freakin $6 a bottle for oil! it's crazy and doesn't work any better.
i'm just a fan of pennzoil and it's $3.47 a quart and it's a good oil!
and i'm sorry if you use the $6-$8 a quart crap but if you do your a retard

It might run the same but that doesnt mean it all protects the engine equally. I have not sent out any oil samples for testing myself though I have seen results from others.
bobistheoilguy.com good website.

warriorgirl, you never had issues with conventional automotive oil causing the clutch to slip? Seems like there's a hell of a lot of people out there that claim the additives in modern oil basically fill in the friction material on the clutch pads and make them slip like hell. I'd rather spend a little more on oil every year than have to tear the damn thing to fix a clutch because the oil fucked it. I'm not saying it's true or not but I don't like taking the chance, I spend enough time fixing all my **** as it is.

I really appreciate everyone responses and suggestions. BTW can someone point out the Oil Gallery Bolt I want to make sure I have the right one. Is it on the right side of engine??

seriously on a bike like these you will see no gains in sythetic oil. save ur money and rebuild your motor next winter with you oil savings lol i change my quad oil about every month in summer comes out looking new. If i cant ride in winter i fill up w oil all the way, no filter till cant fit no more and let it sit for the 5 mo or so then change in spring. (btw dont run ur bike completely full of oil just fyi. ive never done it but u never kno wat people do)

Its not about gains though its about protecting the engine better. I dont care to spend a few more bucks on my oil it only take 3 quarts anyway. Now when you need 6 quarts for a car that gets expensive.

Back